My audio interface just died

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Neyder, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neyder

Neyder Ultrasonic

Hey there !

Sadly, my audio interface died and I can't afford a new one.
    I created a found raise on generosity.com and I hope getting some help

I'll be very grateful if you could help me by sharing or donating https://igg.me/at/1tG9VAnnEys =)

Thanks in advance !

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Neyder:

Get a job... that's what normal people do. They work for money. You're not so special... I surely hope no one contributes to your fund-raiser because that is the coward and lazy person's solution. Rest assured... without hard work and perseverance , you will never amount to anything, especially as a beggar.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  4. luki3

luki3 Member

If you say you have ff800 send it back to RME they will fix it for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

5. axelfender

axelfender Member

beggin for a babyface pro make no sense,you may ask for money for a low end chinese small toy audio interface!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Neyder

Neyder Ultrasonic

Well, I guess I'm going to make a potato salad instead :wink:

7. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

Before you ask for money...

How old is it?
    Check the Warranty for dates and how long it's covered for/
    Out of warranty?

GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY!! Open it up.
    Get out a cheap multimeter , voltage and ohms

1.Use your nose!! Open it smell anything burned?
    2. see any capacitor's tops blown upwards? If so hit the net they sell all kinds of capacitors ( I get mine from amazon)
    3. Check for any loose wiring, check the ports on the Firewire, USB section...are the ports legs ( internal legs lifting off the pcb?
    leg ports come off when inserting on/ off to many times.
    4. Check with multimeter for voltage ( positive on item) ( negative goes to the case shield)
    Basic stuff to look for. Start there.

Check your cables as well if using firewire.

Do that before tossing it. Would be nice if you took it apart and posted some pics....

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Neyder

Neyder Ultrasonic

Oh it has 10+ years old
    It half died some months ago (part of buttons, pots ans outputs stopped working) the others were making strange noises but it was still usable
    Now it won't turn on at all

I checked cables, bought a new TI Fireware PCI-E card (with dedicated molex), I tried to clean dust with an air compressor because it was running really hot, but died anyway.
    I'll buy a multimeter to try what you said but I'm not sure to be capable to fix it myself

Buying second hand interface is also an option, but in most cases the price is as high as a new one :s, I mean for the Babyface/Pro

9. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

out of complete curiosity and almost onto the subject; what's the basic income for commercial workers in US?

10. djdarkness

djdarkness Kapellmeister

Hey. I’m trying to imagine how much money I could get from advertising my poor blind self-☺. Start a fund me asking for money because I’m blind? You don’t see me doing that do you? We have to work for what we get my friend. Waiting for handouts will get you absolutely nowhere! Dude really? You’re begging for an interface? What do you do for a living? Rather spend that time trying to make money. In audio alone there are tons of possibilities. If you’re willing to spend a couple sleepless nights and network like crazy, then you can buy your own fireface. Yes, you might have to start with something cheap until you can afford what you want, but who here hasn’t? I’m sure there are plenty of members here who can tell you similar stories. Good luck with your endeavor.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You basically just owned the guy,big time.<Introninja said "Is this necessary?"
    Kudos to you,not only is producing and mixing music one of the most difficult things to master but doing it blind,you are fucking ace brother!:like:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Drumninja

Drumninja Member

Ya some Potato salad should hold you over for a bit.

14. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Yes he is but being blind also means that he most likely have great ears
    As he MUST use his EARS instead of his EYES when he make music i guess he can play instyruments aswell not just do mixing.

So no "i dont like that gui" that so many in here moan about
    How it actually sounds seems not to be so important its all about how it looks
    If a plugin have a very old "slider and no fancy color gui" but it sounds awesome so good that it beats all competitor they still reject it and say i cant work with that ugly gui..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

At first I thought that it was some kind of joke but after visiting his donation link, I realized that it was for real.

I just can't believe that someone would do such a thing. At the same time, some people are dying everyday because they don't have enough to eat or they were in the wrong place at the wrong time if you know what I mean...

16. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

did you try cpr?

17. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Personally, I find the whole premise behind this thread disgusting. Entitled, spoiled, gluttonous.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

I have an old EMU 0404 PCI card that I am willing to give away as long as you pay for shipping. It's been in storage for about 8 years.

19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

That is actually a really good audio card,you can achieve pro results with it.

20. panther5

panther5 Kapellmeister

How many of you putting this guy down for begging have posted in the request section of this site, hoping for a cracked piece of software? Can you say "hypocrisy"? At least he's not stealing something. Oh, wait, "I buy all the software I steal". Yeah, right.

21. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Hmm..What's wrong with asking guys?

the trolling in this thread is beyond the rules we enforce. (sometimes we put up with funny, but this is wrong)

1. Be a nice person and treat your fellow members and staff with the same respect that you would like to receive. This rule is strictly enforced and we reserve the right to terminate your account without notice or explanation if you're found to be in breach of it. There are no inalienable rights for use of our service so either adhere to this rule or don't make an account here. Remember: an AudioSex account is a privilege not a right.

I not going to lock this thread because of this nonsense, but warning and deleting post that are unjust and not related.

@Von_Steyr you started this:thumbsdown: