My Apple Story

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Santii7979, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Maybe in the year of 2058 or something. But if you ask a Linux fanboy you should have changed in 2014 or something like that. Reaper is the only decent DAW on Linux, but you will have driver problems and all kinds of other issues. No serious music producer would ever use Linux as an OS. Linux fanboys are the worst of the worst I really hate them. And what's up with hundreds of different distros? Okay I can understand ten but hundreds that is just stupid. Open source...as for desktop use its more like open shit

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Apple: It's Good If You Like CRAP

3. odod

odod Rock Star

buying Apple is a gambling, sometimes you'll get the good one but sometimes not. I had 2 Mini's here .. all running smoothly and a MJLT2 .. the speakers are really bad :( .. my advise is you buy the product when they're settle with user experiences. example Macmini Late 2012, MBP Late 2015 .. those are good products in my opininon with less problem. Or you can just build a Hackintosh all the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I have same a kinda story with f*kin apple low quality hardware and spend (lost) a lot of money on them.
    BUT I love macOS , heck these days it is even easier to install macOS on PC hardware then keeping Win(crash) running...
    Until Microsoft get Wi(crash) fixed I keep using Hackintoshes

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. tooloud

tooloud Guest

My Apple story. I've used Macs since 1990. Buy a new one around every 3 - 4 years. Never had a problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

you get from the cream batches too loud heh heh
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Then you are a lucky guy. My experience was the opposite.

I made the switch when apple aquired emagic. I bought the big G5 full ram , stongest cpu. It was horrorible loud!. Its flaw was the tiny 6cm fans of the psu which drove me crazy.

And then the PSU coil wine. Apple repaired the G5 2 times, and then they sent me a total new G5, yay, it had teh same errors.

Meanwhile I also bought an iBook which graphicscard died exact one month after warranty, super and as we all know Apple only gives you ONE year whereas other companies give you 5 much longer for free.

Later I got a MBP which mainboard was replaced 1 times and later the superdrive, and then teh screen, after that I got a totally new MBP unibody which actually is teh best mac I ve ever had and still works today, except that apple no longer let me update to the latest OS.

Now you may understand why I am no longer willing to spend THAT much money on Apple Hardware.
    Buying an macPro which cost like a used car , never ever again

I am lurking each day on the Windows Insider Blog with the hope that they finnaly made teh switch to complete fluent design, but that semas to be some years in future. I am really trying to force myself to just use Windows but I miss so much I am used to under macOS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

So basically what you say is if they HAD support the machines wouldnt broke?
    WOW..

9. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

huschiwusch try hackintoshi

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

you can build amazing Hackintosh. by buying two Xeon processors
    motherboard / memory / ...etc
    and it will be 100 times batter PC then any Mac , and 3-4 times cheeper

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Who would have thought this would end up in a XXX would be a gazzillion times better than a Mac thread...

12. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Did you just say Windows? I use that on mac sometimes and enjoy all of the compatibility issues and troubleshooting in my brief visits to that realm. I think windows might be the preferred for video editing because of program availability and userbase knowledge which has been a thing since the 90's. Agree that hachintosh may be the wave of the future since anytime one organization has complete control over architecture any innovation seemingly becomes replaced by greed with components getting soldered to the board.

You've been programmed well my friend. For peasants the life expectancy should be longer.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

After getting troubles with only 2 computers from Apple,I wouldn't have bought another computer from them!
    And with a pc you can make music too,you don't need this Apple crap which is horribly overpriced.
    I've never bought a Mac and I won't never buy one.
    Microsoft policy isn't flawless either,but at least it's cheaper.

14. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I've used Unix, Apple and Windows and haven't had (much) problems with any of these.
    I would say there is a typical user for either OS today:

For Mac the typical user (=~ not all but the average) is an artist who doesn't care much about hardware and happily uses Apples software and infrastructure adnd hates when problems occur he need technical knowledge for (aturnkey system is his world) For Linux (iX) the typical user is a Nerd who loves fidding with har- and software and is able to adapt things for his field of usage. The typical Windows user is between Apple and Linux when it comes to knowledge about hard- and software and is willing and able to maintain his system.

The problems arise, when people try to use another system they are not typical users for. Windows and Linux users hate Apple because it's closed and not reachable for fiddling. Apple users even hate to read a manual and if they need to use a screwdriver or 3rd party driver they start to hyperventilate.

It's really: For everyone it's own.
    That's absolutely ok for me and I don't get why someone needs to disparage others because they have not had problems with their gear.
    I've bought (and I think most uf us) another computer every 3 to 4 years as well. Ok, it wasn't an Apple, but if one is comfortable with and has the money, why not?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I have always had windows and never known issues with it.I've reinstalled windows one time in my life(around 2005),when I was younger because I probably failed or a hd failed,don't remember exactly.

16. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Happily if you change your mac every 3 or 4 years!It's not a feat,it's normal.
    If you say your mac don't get any issue during 10 years,it's quite good,but not for 3 years.

17. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I am already on Hackintosh since ~ 2004

18. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

It is just my preference not an issue with Windows itself.
    (besides the "oops something went wrong messages", disappearing start menu, or update loops)

I have always had windows and never known issues with it.I've reinstalled windows one time in my life(around 2005),when I was younger because I probably failed or a hd failed,don't remember exactly.

in every besides all beneith ?
    Ok I write it down what I miss:

In macOS you can drag a folder to the os file dialog to navigate to it , in windows it would copy that folder. (i use that all day)
    Windows opens all Windoes at the window of the last opend window, macOS remembers window locations.
    Windows Command keys are painfuully layed out, ctrl + c/v (how do you press ctrl ? with you pinky , ouch, I prefer to use my thumb, yeh you can repam it with a 3rd party app)
    on macOS you can drag and drop a document to an dock icon to open it
    on macOS you can drag a file/folder to the terminal to insert the path
    windows taskbar icons flicker when emptying the trashbin, or under other curcumstances, which always look broken
    under macos i use automator to send automatically spam reports to spamcop
    in windows mail you cant even add alias emails, hence you need a 3rd party app.
    most apps "look much better" than windows apps design , hey it is my subjetive impression. others prefer windows 95 !
    folder / file icons are easy customizable and portable und macOS
    Windows system font is to narrow and small (yeah you can scale or customize it but that leads to other issue,
    i tried it, that might change in fluent design, hopefully )
    macOS darkmode is actually ready and working compared to windows still broken blackmode white fonts on black background wtf
    (that will chnage once they implemnet fluent design)
    When opening or resizing the explorer (darkmode) there are white glitches (not ready yet)
    I miss Finder Colum view in the Windows Explorer (i dont like teh tree in explorer)
    macOS Finder can show Folder sizes
    Windows Explorer do not even allow you to remove all of its items such as Dropbox with out registry hack
    Under macOS you can drag Windows anywhere and not at the menu bar as windows
    in macOS Finder you can select a bunch of files and use teh rightclick menu to piuiut them in a folder
    There is even a rename, find and replace feature in finder.( guess what , under windows you need a 3rd party app)
    Spotlight search actually works very fast
    Under macOS you can add Tag's (even custom) to files and search find organize them even in smart folders
    In macOS Finder you can add color tags to files (windows 3rdparty app which can do that color / tagging: https://www.xyplorer.com/product.php)
    Quick view, select a file and hit space to show or play it
    no system wider smooth scrolling (https://www.marcmoini.com/sx_en.html)

again , that is no fanboyism or rant etc. It is just my impression/experience, and as I mentioned above, once Windows fullfills all my need I switch immediately just to get a way from the uncertainty of hackintosh

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

There are some which buy a Mac because of macOS not the Hardware.
    But now we can actually install macOS on PC hardware,literally bests of both worlds (if you prefer macOS)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

exactly , or you could just built a high performance I7 based system which you cant even buy from Apple