My 2nd post. Feedback

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by Kran, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Kran

Kran Member

Hi guys. Hope you having a great weekend... Here are 2 of my experiments.
    If you guys could give me your feedback on these. Been composing for more than 20 years now but learned the basics of mixing only 1 year ago (so I know that there are not really mixed up to par). Wanted to know what you guys think of the melody and progression.
    All are stock synth in FL studio

Listen to Midnight Rider(Electro/Gui) by DrBharatSambyal #np on #SoundCloud

Listen to Fly Away by DrBharatSambyal #np on #SoundCloud

Thank you for the listen

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

You asked about melody and progression, so I'll stick to it.

I like both of it in both of them, nice work.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. Kran

Kran Member

Thank you NO AVENGER . which one according to you is the better MIXED track?

5. Beth

Beth Guest

i like both !

In Midnight Rider i like the melody and progression particularly after 1.20 when it changes.

In Fly away the melody, though very catchy, may be a bit repetitive? though that is not a criticism just an observation on first listen and probably how you designed it to be.
    :shalom:
    :goodpost:

6. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

Pretty interesting ideas from composition perspective. But you definitely need a serious effort to improve your production skills. But for now remember just one thing, which you should use as your guide for every decision in production - be 100% honest with yourself(yeah, even if it hurts:guru:)

7. No Avenger

The first is mixed better. Bass and bd have more harmonics and the track has a hh. :winker:

In the second bass and bd are to dull and the fx (dly and rev) are a bit overpowering, maybe chop the low freq in fx a bit?

8. Kran

Kran Member

Absolutely right... Didn't spend time to actually add variety to it... When I made this, I was on move at work and used my typing keyboard for the song (fly away)
    Thank you for your listen. You are absolutely right about it being repetitive (lazy me) but I am always low on time ... Was trying to teach my self the EDM stuff on FL stock synths.
    A hobbiest trying to learn from Pros here

9. Kran

Kran Member

Roger Roger... Thanks... Your advice is always top notch

Could you also enlighten me about what exact sub genere would these 2 songs fit in?

10. Kran

Kran Member

Thank you .... I bought an AKG headphone so atleast I don't get fooled by the extra bass my older Sony had. I don't have studio monitors

11. Beth

Beth Guest

I'm not one of the pros. I am learning just like you :shalom: I dont think even the pros ever stop learning that's what so fascinating and enticing about making music!
    I listened to some of your other work on Soundcloud too.....enjoyed them! :like:

12. No Avenger

Thanks for the compliment. :bow:

But, sorry, I'm not that much into genres and sub genres. I'd say the first sounds like modern Kraftwerk, the second is a summer dance song/hit.