My 1st attempt at a dance music track

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rummy, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Rummy

Rummy Newbie

Hi guys this is one of a few tracks i have been working on i would just like to get some feed back on it so i can see where i have gone wrong what i can add to the track to make it better and all that jazz i have some more i will add at a later date.
    I'm open to all criticism good or bad.

https://soundcloud.com/gavin-djscrimdawgg-scrimshaw/dance-track-1

3. fuad

fuad Producer

nice intro, i like the clap ints nice and punchy, it has a bit too much low end though..cut out like 2dB from the 300Hz and maybe give it 1dB at 10k Hz...also, maybe an ARP in the intro would be nice since the track lacks some groove, or maybe even some percussive elements to fill in the gaps, shakers on the 16ths delayed by a few miliseconds..also use more crash/riser effects to move the song along the different sections. Also in the intro, try introducing the new lead synth using an opening filter perhaps playing single notes in the key of the song..you always need to try to keep the listener wanting to guess what's coming up and keep them on their toes. Well produced and clean overall, just lacking some details and touches but has great potential.