MUZE instruments

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by safran5020, Apr 6, 2021.

1. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

On sister site we have seen recently many posts of MUZE instruments Kontakt libraries.

I have watch a few video demos and found the engine quite interesting and great sounding. The entire collection is around 39 instruments.

I would like to have your opinion on these instruments if you have tried some and how it compares to similar popular libraries.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I don't think you had to tag Talula!
    I only have their Drums and their Effects demo from a while back.
    I liked the way it was laid out to layer different samples in the Effects library.
    Other than that they seem to be a quantity over quality, rompler type company imo.
    And I don't understand why their instruments are so huge, considering what other companies are capable of.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I have downloaded all their freebies andthey´re ok, but...... I think there much better pianos for Kontakt out there and the UI looks very pretty but doesn´t really work great.

Perhaps (as @Smoove Grooves already said) remove the name of the poster of all the MUZE libs on sister site?!?!?!

5. Smoove Grooves

Totally.
    There are way better piano libs with better scripting and a smaller footprint.
    For someone such as myself having collected samples and libs for decades due to my work, this company do seem like they are just counting on newbs who think that bigger may be better.

6. smegma

smegma Noisemaker

I feel like they are a scam company because: they dont have any walkthroughs/audio demos on their website apart from kontakt demos of their instruments. Their libraries take up a lot of RAM and space on HDD/SSD. And by the look of 'samples' folder in their instrments it seems like they are really bad at programming. And I doubt they even record it themselves, maybe they steal other companies' samples and recordings from their libraries. Not sure tho but I suspect that. GUI is cool tho.

7. cexcean

cexcean Producer

I was Thinking about downloading their Upright Bass and then steered away because of this comment

'That is the most FUCKED UP Upright Bass out there. If you go a couple of octaves up you start hearing piano sounds'

:rofl:

8. smegma

smegma Noisemaker

Also wanna add that If you can download their stuff for free - you can do that and see it yourself. Otherwise dont pay them, they are former Sonex company that did scam people. For instance they had 40 seconds samples for every note and only pizzicato for their upright bass.
    If you want to collect junk and trash on your disc, here you go, Muze is for ya.

9. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

I was skeptical about this company in the first place and your comments confirmed what I was thinking in the first place.

Thanks for your replies. It is much appreciated.

About tagging the poster's name, I didn't meant any wrong, it was just a reference to the recent posts I was asking about. I don't understand why it seems like a big deal, but anyhow, I removed it.

10. Smoove Grooves

No big deal but you are tagging Talula unnecessarily.
    Wherupon he will get a notification, come here, and just go "What?". :yes:
    It's like netiquette.

11. droplet

droplet Rock Star

too many gigz!! I has one for a couple of weeks some 15 g, not worth it.

12. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

And before they were Sonex, they were Qataz Cloud, and before that just Qataz, and before that Sonarts, probably something else before that but that'd be pre-2008 and who knows.

Qataz cloud was probably the biggest scam - hundreds of $$s for 'lifetime access to our entire sample database', which was around 130GB of duplicated samples many of which were cut short tails and suspected to have been stolen from VSL.

Rumour is, that they're money laundering for the Bratva, registered in british virgin islands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. lalamerzbowlala

lalamerzbowlala Noisemaker

Their mellotron library is somehow 10 gb and still sounds worse than most free synthedit mellotron vsts

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

If Talula at AS didn't want to be associated with Talula at AZ, he could've chosen a different name for both sites. So I don't see a problem with that.

15. Smoove Grooves

Not even?:
    If I was Talula I wouldn't want to be tagged only to realise I wasn't actually needed here!

Thanks for tagging me!
    You already knew how I felt about it, so...

16. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

No.

17. Smoove Grooves

@No Avenger
    I know I would, and I imagine Talula would have felt the same.
    I'll stick to the netiquette anyway, thanks!

edit: Actually, I disagree with myself...lol.
    @Talula

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  18. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Like I was saying... too big sound bad.

19. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

Wish I had come here first. Banging my head against a wall now after purchasing Muze Hyperion. Stupid mistake. Should have researched first.