Must have iLok 2 plugins

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by paraplu020, Jan 11, 2013.

1. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Hi i just received my iLok 2. I ordered it to be able to get kush audio ubk-1 and the soundtoys bundle in the first place, but now I'm wondering, is there any plugins YOU could think of if you had an iLok? Which plugins would you consider 'musts' since I have the damn thing now might as well get all those non crackable cool stuffs. My quest isn't limited to compressors, eq's & all, I'm open for everything. I'll check out every single suggestion after that...

Hope you guys can help me, thanks!

:bow:

3. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

Mach5 v3

4. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

great suggestion, real coincidence this is the first answer. i was just looking into this underrated powerhouse. obviously i like the scripting thingy's, but what was most impressive to me was the synth modules + the layout. everything is so well layed out and it looks really easy to understand without being simple in it's abilities. *yes*

i'm currently looking for a place to buy this in the netherlands, but i can't seem to find it, they all still sell the v2 of the software and it's priced at 300/400 euro. then i still have to buy the upgrade for another hundred, that's just crazy. i can only find foreign stores offering v3, but i don't want to wait that long hahaha!

what do you like best about mach five 3? what are your pro's and con's?

please everybody share some more suggestions, what are some must have ilok plugins?

5. S.LEE

S.LEE Newbie

Melodyne Editor 2

Softube Tsar1 (Reverb)

6. tek909

tek909 Member

GRM TOOLS 3

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info.php?products_id=800&osCsid=b592d7f4e839b127b3a1dddd4bb7d68e

7. davidgary73

davidgary73 Newbie

Here are some recommendations:

1) Slate Digital - VCC, VTM, FG-X and Trigger @ http://www.slatedigital.com/

2) Kush Audio - UBK-1 and Clariphonic DSP plugins @ http://www.thehouseofkush.com/

3) Phoenix and R2 reverb plugins @ http://www.exponentialaudio.com/

4) Relab LX480 @ http://forum.relab.dk/showthread.php?421-Release-of-LX480-Complete-VST-AU

8. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

hey squa lee, i'm a sucker for not responding properly, but that aside... why out of all the available reverbs the softube? explain a little bit why you like it so much please *yes*

9. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

I tried to check it out but the site is in french only so it seems, there's no button for english text?

10. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

first 2 are already on my list, except for trigger, i don't know what it is, a drum replacer? never used anything like it, but the name speaks for itself ofcourse. i don't know wether i'll need it for making mostly modern hip hop which uses not so much acoustic stuffs. but thanks for the suggestion :)

will check out the others.. also if you can, tell me what sets these aside for you, why you prefer them over others who do the same... *yes*

:bow:

11. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

:excl: for your information, i'm mostly into urban kind of music, hip-hop, trap, r&b and dancy poppy rnb for lack of better terms haha!

12. tek909

tek909 Member

There's a free demo you can also try out. scroll to the bottom of the "don't crack" page.

review on grm tools

"Designsound.org : Danetracks & GRM Tools

“The depth of what you can do with all the GRM plug-ins is amazing,” says Richard Adrian, another sound creator par excellence at Danetracks. “There are so many different parameters that every time I use GRM Tools I find something new. It’s best to have as many sound design tools as possible, but these are the most useful tools that we have in our plug-in library.”
    “The more tools the merrier,” Davis agrees. Danetracks team member Michael Johnson, who used the ST Bundle plug-ins extensively on The Matrix: Reloaded and The Matrix: Revolutions, feels the same way. “We couldn’t have done Revolutions without the ST plug-ins,” says Johnson. (2009)"

13. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Eastwest PLAY ENGINE requires ilok.

14. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Code:
    http://www.duystore.com/com/deepanalogeq.html
    DUY Deep Analog EQ

15. davidgary73

davidgary73 Newbie

Since you're not doing acoustic stuff, you won't need Trigger then.

In regards to UBK-1 plugin, you can compress your drums with some analogue mojo and make them sound really good. Put your softsynth thru them, they will sound really nice too. Checkout this video @ http://vimeo.com/kushaudio/ubk-1-dirty-drums

Clariphonic DSP, i took this from their website - "Is silky smooth high frequency filters with the full range audio to crack open the midrange, presence, and air with an effortlessness that is unrivalled by any other plugin in existence." I'm using it to give my synth, drums the extra "Air" band. Really really nice. Give the demo a run.

Both reverbs plugins are pretty new. You may wanna test them out and see which suits your needs.

16. Alraun

Alraun Member

Audio Ease Altiverb 7.....but it's f*cking expensive

17. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

I'm not 100% positive these are ILOK but.....

Vengeance Multiband Sidechain
    Flux Alchemist

18. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

well... it can load Kontakt libs, but not all. Protected ones not, and I'm not into "unprotecting Kontakt libs". Slicer and granular fx are great, all insert-fx are top notch.

The software invites you to play with... so many possibilities... you really should take a day and try out several things,...

Besides:
    You can buy the "Crossgrade", not the full one. You don't need to provide any serial or something, it's works out of the box!

19. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

i read some about it and it seems like a very interesting plugin, it has some neat stuff others don't have. i'm going to demo this because i want to know how all those fancy statements sound, cause after all that's most important :)

by the way what does this mean, i'm not sure i'm understanding this correctly:

"the ability to slide certain areas of the frequency spectrum without altering the fundamental frequencies"

thanks for bringing this to my attention buddy! :wink:

will do man, was already very interested in both. and also what do you mean, 'reverb' plugin? aren't they compressor and eq? *yes*

yeaahh buddy, that's that good shit, plus they're from the netherlands so supporting them would give me a good feeling. what also is worth very much for me, they keep adding new ir's monthly and some seem very cool, like the world's longest spring reverb hahaha! they seem like a company who's good to their userbase, plus the reverb gate that's set with note value's is a good nice extra, that visualiser is handy too for getting it al. right. but your certainly right, it is expensive, but so are other pro verbs, the lexicon native bundle also ships for over €1000. question is would you choose altiverb over e.g. lexicon native bundle? i was also checking out speakerphone for cool effects for vocals, both are pretty dope in what they are supposed to do. how does this product separate itself from other top bundles? are they're ir's that good or is the plugin so flexible, tell me, why you like it so much better than other stuffs?!

thanks for the suggestions, i'm going to check out the sidechain plug and i just check out alchemist. need to read some more reviews and all to make sure it's a good invest for me. having a multiband option is nice and i also need to read what the Angel's share and Hysteresis parameters are, they're unique to this plugin if i understand correct. it would save a lot of automation if these functions are really intelligent, right?! oh btw, why the f*ck is it still 32-bit? the thing costs friggin €569 and they haven't got 64-bit support, i just can't wrap my mind around it.,what a shame... also what's the difference between alchemist and solera 2 except for the multiband, they seem to have those unique angel's share and hysteresis parameters too...

So your saying that as a newcoming user i can just buy the crossgrade version? doesn't it rely on previously installed stuff from v2, as it's a crossgrade?!?!?! please tell me, cause webshops in holland do sell the crossgrade version, it would save a lot of money if you can confirm this *yes* :wink:

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME YALL! APPRECIATE IT! :mates:

20. S.LEE

S.LEE Newbie

Hey man ,

-The reverb from softtube are very nice some limitation but the sound are very bright

-Melodyne 2 are good to edit Vocal or Sample to have some etch note from it so useful

-I forgot the Sonnox Limiter one of the best limiter for me :)

-Vengeance Multiband Sidechain work with E-Lisence (Usb Dongle) like refx Nexus2 and not ilok and not usable for urban style but very good plug's i use it every day ;) (EDM)

21. S.LEE

S.LEE Newbie

For Eq i have find my best tool ever Cambridge from uad2 :wink: