[Musikmesse] Toontrack introduces EZdrummer 2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by necrophagist, Mar 13, 2014.

1. necrophagist

necrophagist Newbie

[​IMG]

This is a long-awaited and major update that Toontrack unveils today at Musikmesse 2014, and it concerns its EZdrummer virtual drums.

8 years after the release of the first version, EZdrummer receives in this version 2 many new features and sounds, some being very innovative.

Here is a resume of what you will find in EZdrummer 2:

2 Vintage and Modern kits as well as a selection of percussions
    Modern library with elements from the DW Collector’s Maple, Gretsch USA Custom, Yamaha 9000, Ludwig Sonor, Tama and Brady drums, all recorded through Neve 88R and EMI TG12345 consoles with modern and vintage gear
    Vintage library based on two Ludwig 1960s and VIstalite kits recorded through a REDD 5.1 console
    9 kicks with variations
    6 snares with variations
    3 hi-hats
    10 crash cymbals
    3 ride cymbals
    3 percussion categories: one shots, shakers and tambourines ; 11 percussions in total
    Improved loading times
    Real time sample rate conversion
    Multiple Hits Emulation (MHE) technology for the hit sequencing
    Enhanced flexibility with the ability to use separate elements from the EZX libraries
    Improved MIDI groove search and sorting (you can now enter manually a groove and EZdrummer 2 will sort in the library the matching grooves)
    Note that for this second version, the EZX complementary libraries have also been updated, with new GUIs and presets. Updates for theses libraries will be available for free from your user area as soon as you upgrade to EZdrummer 2. New users will have the ability to download the v1 libraries and MIDI files in a separate pack.

EZdrummer 2 will be available this Spring for the street price of $149 / 129€, upgrade from v1 is $89 / 69€.

3. beaucarty

beaucarty Newbie

Very interesting , the ability to choose between many samples from banks. wait to see the mixer and FX corner, Thanx :wink:

4. halcyo

halcyo Newbie

They were teasing that this was gonna be a "game changer"....really?!

The didn't really add THAT much to an already existing product. I have EZ Drummer and most of the EZX packs, but lately I just feel that the lack of editing available to the drum sounds themselves leaves it behind a lot of other options. Been leaning toward Addictive Drums a lot lately. I like being able to personalize the sound of the kit more than is possible in EZ. I mean, a drum tuning knob or something would be a step in the right direction.

5. odod

odod Rock Star

i believe logicX studio drummer is a game changer .. a smart ass drummer .. now, if EZD could act like that .. it would be a game changer

6. beaucarty

beaucarty Newbie

I agree with you, Addictive is my favorite drums plug to.

7. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Same here, Addictive in conjunction with maschine