Music's path is full of stupid beliefs and all is the stupid Harmony's fault.

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Yes, it was.

2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

3. Zealious

Zealious Kapellmeister

edit: explained on the next one

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. Zealious

Zealious Kapellmeister

you are asking the right questions

I was going to answer the mastering topic earlier but this is far more important

You have to have your instruments in tune, only then whatever you boost with mastering is worth boosting

This will involve some work from your part because most people in music industry don t know what they are talking about when it comes to tuning the instruments

Issue with the ( known as ) Equal Temperament #1:

The tuning is Not Evenly Spread out - not mathemathically, not sound wise ( Spacings between notes variate even more than with some other tunings - this is why modern Jazz is not pleasant to hear ~ unless it is in New Orleans where people still appreciate how instruments feel in proper tune )

Issue with the ( known as ) Equal Temperament #2:

It does not have more Scales in Tune than properly Tuned instrument

For Example,

Bach created a Song called " The Well Tempered Clavier "

It has both C Majors and D Majors in it, now we know D Major sounds just horrible in the so called Equal Temperament, so obviously Bach did not use it to create " the Well Tempered Clavier = Well Tuned Instrument " ( albeit people who don t know anything about the math in ( what is known as ) equal temperament would tell you otherwise )

Most just keep repeating how it is the square root of 2 without realizing it does not create equally spanned intervals because they never looked deeper than a quote in the internet

The only way you can use all of the Keys ( or nearly all of the 12 keys ) is by tuning your keyboard truly equally truly perfectly

Step 1

Check the math in what is known as equal temperament and realize notes are not evenly spaced

Step 2

Prepare something better, study and understand how will the notes be in tune

Step 3

Start creating songs Only when instruments are in tune and use nearly all of the 12 keys with a proper tuning, Just like Bach Beethoven and others did ( and the early Jazz players who tuned their instruments by ear - kind of like the fresh vibe you hear on Motown Records, they sure were not worrying about industry standard tuning, they went with what is best for the soulfullnes of the harmony )

Taking these steps is most important because you want to deliver perfect harmonies to people and you want to be in control and in full understanding of how the harmonies in your instruments work

5. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

There is a HUGE difference between beliefs, knowledge and wisdom.

- Belief
    is a system based not necessarily on fact that can also be opinion and not founded in fact, many times on conjecture and faith.
    - Knowledge is a system of acquiring information more often than not from documentation, mostly documented fact or hypotheses.
    - Wisdom is the ability to ascertain that which is useful , practical, fact and how to turn knowledge into wisdom from experience by learning from their mistakes and what is documented fact only and not practical real life fact. Ask any working Microsoft Systems Engineer that has passed their exams how much of it would not happen in a real life situation, as good as the principles might be in their knowledge acquisition.

Retsoff and others like super while coming from completely different areas of music some with theory and others without but they are similar and have wisdom. MMJ you have knowledge and it is askew and is a long way from being close to wisdom because applications in music are not so finite and relegated without the capacity to be wrong. You are excited with what you have learned but it's time to apply it in real life on a regular basis for years before you will get what anyone else has said to realise how incorrect many of your assumptions are.
    Foster, the easiest way to confirm something is useful on a real life level is to research and then try and put it into practice, that is the real test - being that it works in practice. That is the best answer anyone can give you. Do not do it for five minutes, continue to do it.
    If a musician is what you want to be, then it is a perpetual lifetime journey and one that has no end point like a 9 to 5 job qualification.

I do not care whether someone reads music or not. They can play or they cannot, they know or they do not and experience in life is the greatest teacher about what is right and wrong.

I am trying to find a way that my notifications for this thread are turned off and they are, but they still keep coming.
    (pulling hair out emoticon here)
    I was not going to post anymore and after this I will not because as I said to Retsoff, I feel like I am flogging a dead horse.

@retsoff119 @superliquidsunshine @MMJ2017 @foster911

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018