MusicLab Real Guitar 3 and RealRick problems (or bugs?)

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluejayway, Oct 30, 2014.

1. bluejayway

bluejayway Newbie

Hi fellow philomusics,

I've been playing around experimenting with MusicLab's Real Guitar 3 and RealRick and I thought they were working quite alight in my Reaper - until I tried to render to audio. Well, they performed all the plugin rendering routine but rendered NOTHING!!!

The recorded WAV file was empty. :wow:

I tried reloading the VSTi, loading different presets, I even uninstalled and re-installed the plugins. Still NOTHING, no audio, nada, nil. Even tried them in other DAWs (Sequoia and Sony Acid) but still no luck. :(

It seems there is a bug when loading presets/sample libraries - the MusicLab plugins never manage to load the sample library 100%. Still this doesn't cause any problems for playing. They sound OK. The problem appears when you try rendering to audio.

I googled around and found the problem is known and widespread but I couldn't find a solution. Some guy in a thread (not here) mentioned "tweaking the registry" to make the VSTi load the sample library but he didn't explain.

Any solutions, thoughts or ideas would be highly appreciated. *yes*

Thanks

3. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Try re-building the sound database? (With StgMan.exe) It could be corrupted for some reason.

It's in ProgramData/Musiclab/RealGuitar (hidden folder). (StgMan is in installation folder) You'll probably need to re-install it. (There's a chance it's not removed by the uninstall from what I recall and it will have your previous samplerates checked upon re-installation - Could be wrong)

4. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Try playing through the whole song 1ce and then rendering. R also has several rendering speed/options. See also this post: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/8426500-post7.html

5. bluejayway

bluejayway Newbie

Thanks guys for the help :wink:

I eventually uninstalled and re-installed RG3 and now it works occasionaly (!) and when it does it only renders 44.1KHz, 16bit audio.
    Go figure!!! I'm surprised so many people seem ecstatic about these MusicLab plugins.

Anyway, I went back to the old AAS Strum Acoustic GS1 which is not perfect but with a few tweeks works fine.