Musicians Making Money off the Stock Market in these times

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curtified, Jan 27, 2021.

1. andrescooper445

andrescooper445 Member

edited to reply

Juggz143 , you're the only person i've seen (amongst hundreds) with this opinion. Would you care to throw a quick bone as to why you feel its over?

2. andrescooper445

andrescooper445 Member

you're the only person i've seen (amongst hundreds) with this opinion. Would you care to throw a quick bone as to why you feel its over?

3. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

Instructions unclear, bought more GME.
    I don't care if it goes to 0, I'm not fucking selling.
    Disclaimer: this is not financial advice I just like the stock
    edit: I GOT THOSE DIAMOND HANDS

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. tori

tori Platinum Record

Since I had a little fun with crypto stuff, I'm really interested in stock market, but I can't really buy anything right now .-.

If I have more money I definitely will invest some of it xD

5. Andsoitseems

Andsoitseems Ultrasonic

Crazy to think that if you would have bought Gamestop Stock last week at $14. You would have made a huge profit. Its now $450

Robinhood is now in big trouble because they didn't let folks cash out.

6. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i thought i read that it was just the opposite. they allowed their users to sell gme, but nobody could buy any more.

"Amid a wild week of speculative retail trading, Robinhood on Thursday restricted trading in thirteen equities, including GameStop and AMC Entertainment. The free stock trading pioneer only allowed clients to sell positions, not open new ones, in certain securities, raised margin requirements, and even said it would close out some positions automatically if the client was at risk of not having the necessary collateral."

7. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

IMHO the biggest bubble right now is Elon Musk and Tesla. Any stock or crypto shoots up if he even tweets a reference to it - i.e. Etsy and Bitcoin this week. I still think Tesla stock is a short but the problem is it's heavily manipulated, so timing it would require some divination.

8. Tele_Vision

Just start a Coinbase Pro account and start investing what little you can. Fees are lower on Pro than regular Coinbase.

9. Tele_Vision

You called it. I'm literally watching the GME candlesticks take a major shiz right now. Just a reminder the 52 week low was 2.57.

I bought BTC on the dip yesterday at $32k. Saw it get pumped to to $38 this morning...now it's $34,900. Same pump and dump. they'll be fear selling and I plan to buy more for the long haul.

10. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

hey, i'm not an expert on crypto, so please feel free to ignore what i'm about to post here. but matt mccall is an expert on crypto. and he owns a lot of bitcoin as well as several other cryptos. and right now he is advising not to buy bitcoin at any price over $19,000. now granted, he bought his back in 2019 and has nearly tripled his investment, but that doesn't change the fact that he is telling folks who pay him money for his insight that they should wait for bitcoin to drop below $19k before they buy. mm_btc - 1_29_2021 , 1_14_55 PM.png

11. Tele_Vision

Thanks for that insight. I'll look into him and research it a bit. I'm always learning and always open to new info, unless it's from the lamesteam media or idiots like Kramer.

12. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Any insights into where all the little guys are meeting up on Reddit or other forums discussing the next mass buy? I love that the average man is sticking it the establishment!!!

13. curtified

curtified Rock Star

14. Bombadil

Bombadil Newbie

Aren't these "come, let's take this stock to the moon!" initatives a little bit like pyramid schemes?

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Finally I get what's going on. Man, what a translation nightmare to my mother tongue plus my ignorance in economy.
    Good thing I watched two times "The big short". Now I'm nuts but worth it :rofl:

16. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

What's with the "these times" thing? I don't know what that signifies. What chunk o' the calendar, since when, and wherefore?

Anyhow: AVOID millennial-trendy Robin Hood, Stash and the like. I whittled it down to M1 Finance and WeBull; I just don't let them act like banks with me (loans, savings). As for cryptocurrency, buy, trade and sell it yourself, instead of letting some app-service screw it up for you.

Everyone wants to game the stock market to get rich quick, but don't overlook long-term prospects such as gold and investment funds (GLD, SCHD, BND).

Be skeptical about what's trending on Reddit and other forums. Don't be a lemming. Disinformation is everywhere now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

in just a few hours, those reddit bandits are going to try another reaid on doge, a crypto currency that they have already taken one shot at. the fun is supposed to start at 3pm pacific standard time.

18. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

I'd like to get into investments on the stock market, I have some knowledge on marketing and accountancy since that was my path in High School but here the program never had nothing on stocks and investments since it's part of University programs in Economy and Management, any tips on where I could start with average Joe explanations?
    I'm not an US resident, don't know if it matters.

19. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Sounds like a blast. Where I can buy tickets for that?

20. dondada

dondada Rock Star

not really no

time is of peculiarly interest