[MUSIC VIDEO] Where Orchids goes to die - Sand in my hands

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by mebitek, May 17, 2022.

1. mebitek

mebitek Producer

Hi all,

this is our latest video: Sand in my hands.

feedbacks are welcome

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

Nice! But I don't like gasmasks and the eggcups on the walls. And the fingerdrummings look unambitious. But if you like it that way, stay!

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

It's a pretty complete piece of art. Music, performance, outfits, editing, I really like it (again :winker:). Well done, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Wisley

Wisley Member

6. mebitek

mebitek Producer

thx to all for your feedbacks

7. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

I really like the post-punk / cold wave inspiration, the provocation and the costumes - all of this indicates a clear artistic intention and direction, and the sound is exactly in phase with the source(s) of inspiration: it makes me think about a modern reincarnation of Joy Division, but with more distance and present e-Music influences, plus there is a great work on the lyrics, a dark poetry that I really appreciate a lot.

If I may, I'd dare to say that your sound is very... European, it reminds me some local bands I had the chance to meet during the 80's... but there's nothing in your music that sounds "nostalgic" or "backward-looking". With your use of modern instruments and samples instead of vintage ones, with your beautiful lyrics, your music speaks about 2022, not 1980, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

I also listen to your other videos, for example in "Pazuzu's Song" you deploy a form of n-degree, distant humor that I appreciate a lot. The hip-hop color that you integrated in your own style is once again an indisputable evidence that you are present- and future-proof.

I have nothing to say about your mixes, or technique, or interpretation, because you have an affirmed personality and originality that constitute a whole package: you are all in one piece, if one feel in phase with your style, then one will feel also in phase with your sound, your voice and your mixing, and with your videos: no one could separate an aspect of your art from another, there is only one way: you take all, or you reject all.

I can only congratulate and encourage you to keep exploring the radical, no-compromise way you have taken. Even if you would integrate in your work a lot of external colors and inspirations, your creations will always wear, engraved deeply in their structure, your particular signature and personality: no one will ever be able to deny or remove that, it's indelible. Very rare are the bands one could say the same about.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  8. mebitek

mebitek Producer

9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

spice stuff! great work

would be cool to hear some proper remixes too

10. mebitek

mebitek Producer

thx so much for your feedback