Music video from Iranian documentary filmmaker

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Alraun, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Alraun

Alraun Member

I want to share this brand new Iranian music video with you:

The Iranian documentary filmmaker Hossein Dehbashi has produced a music video.
    It consists of excerpts from President Rohanis inaugural address, which is spoken and sung by some famous singers and actors.
    In addition there are excerpts from historical quotations, such as by Ayatollah Khomeini, Mohammad Mossadegh and the Persian poet Hafez,
    from which the name of the video comes from, "Nosafar" or in English "The Traveler".

"Inspired by the "Yes We Can" video, this piece was produced by Hossein Dehbashi for the 100th day of the Government of Prudence and Hope, featuring Hassan Rouhani's first speech as President of the Islamic Republic of Iran. This video was an initiative taken by the artists (without the President's knowledge) to immortalize President Rouhani's emotional speech, where he expresses hope for peace, friendship and progress. Only at the later stages was the video shown to President Rouhani.

This melodic piece is the first time ever for a chorus to sing along with a formal speech by a prominent Shia cleric and high ranking Iranian politician. Featuring musical instruments on video and singing by women are prohibited by Iran's state television. The fact that President Rouhani's personal website decided to feature this video was a great and notable step to break this taboo and support Iranian artists."

3. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

People everywhere yearn for the same things. Beautifully expressed. Thanks. I shared this on all my social media sites.

4. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

:thumbsup: Nice one *yes*

5. Alraun

Alraun Member

Algae and alpha3, *yes* indeed. I'm glad you both say that.
    What it probably means for the Iranian musicians and beyond, we in the West can hardly fathom...
    However....without wanting to interprete too much into: this soulful music video is another significant sign of a country that was still seen as part of the "axis of evil" recently.
    This is not a pseudo-religious government propaganda. It's an expression of cultural spirituality and comes from the people.
    "People everywhere yearn for the same things"
    Since i read your sentence hours ago, it was like a mantra in my mind. I became aware: to internalize this, opens interpersonal and transpersonal doors.
    This insight is so simple as fundamental, Algae! Thanks for this and for spreading further!
    :mates:

P.S. Lol, am i right that they make use of Steinberg Cubase (4:26-4:29) ?

6. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ck3e_m2plU Simple pop song by Sheryl Crow, powerful message. Can music change the world or people's attitudes? I don't know. But I certainly find some comfort in the fact that some artists are very good at conveying the message.