Music theory secrets

Discussion in 'Education' started by ia, May 28, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

you bring up a good point though, i like noise genres and sound fx that are different than regular notes with textures and patterns more complex and changing soundscapes so i appreciate that aspect of what you re saying too.

but music theory regarding 12 tone equal temperament
    is not restrictions you must follow, it is a tool to understand music so you can instantly express something. but say you wanted to create noise instead of music ( sometimes we do, I do) such as weird soundscapes percussion transforming sounds etc. you might not use much traditional music theory but something similar for noise.
    say you wanted to make a vst plugin you can try without any programming language and do it randomly but knowing c++ or html or whatever, is going to show you how to get the result you want, music theory is just like that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017