Music theory secrets

Discussion in 'Education' started by ia, May 28, 2017.

1. ia

ia Producer

Hello! I decided that we need particular thread about music theory only=) What do you think guys?
    I really like MMJ2017's posts, but I want specific music theory thread, that would be very easy to find and use (by not listing 20+ pages)
    So keep participating:winker:

3. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

This is very Secret.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. farao

farao Rock Star

And so it should be. That "system" is not doing anyone a favor. It is presented in a "grammatically" incoherent way that makes it harder building more
    theory upon it.

5. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

Yes, numbers don't lie, so you can never make an error using them. No one has ever made an error using numbers! They don't lie! And if they don't lie, how could you go wrong? You can't! No lies, no errors! Isn't that a Bob Marley song?!

Fantastic (mis)use of lower level reasoning...

6. farao

farao Rock Star

I am not sure if you condone the video or not lol?

7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

cool thread homey

this will blow you mind (the music theory taught in it)

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

"So now Im going to close my eyes" lol. Chord codes? Good for one chord really. Okay, so how does he apply it to figure out what other codes will work together? What happened to whole steps and half steps. Thats how I used to count them out when I was a pre-teen taking piano lessons. I was just imagining a chart with a bunch of chord codes on it. BusyWorks Beats is kind of shady too. Theyre like the cymatics hip-hop? (Or Cymatics is the BWB of EDM?)

C 047
    F 047 (What if I want the first inversion) Then its C 079?
    A 037
    But cant we just eliminate the 0 because every code starts with the root of the chord? Unless he incorporates the tonic of the key into the chord codes somehow.

I dont know about teaching/learning that. It would end up hindering you when you really wanted to get serious about learning theory or playing with other musicians. They would be laughing at you when you werent looking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. orgcha

orgcha Ultrasonic

Those 'secret' chord codes have to be the most convoluted explanation of non-music theory I have ever heard. What's so hard about remembering that a minor is just a flatted 3rd? And since when is the E note the seventh of the A scale?
    SMH

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

The notion that (and I paraphrase) "numbers don't lie" so therefore "you can't go wrong" is at best mindless misuse of the expression, at worst it dissuades others from critically thinking. But, there isn't much use in criticizing the BusyWorksBeats guy for something so small, especially since he's not even a part of this thread. I just thought it was funny.

12. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

I understand music theory, yet all Busy works beats is doing, is simplifying chord notation for people who draw in notes. This is who this would be beneficial for most.

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

Gleaning and honing the music theory knowledge is like having a great zest for getting the university degrees, born out of endemic wrong beliefs being purveyed by the training systems.

When you'd grapple with the pure-tone-like sounds that traditional composers were busy with and sometimes dragooned into using them :bleh:, something e.g. the music theory would work but today is the stretch of inharmonious sounds or at least different tunings that human are becoming acclimatized or hardened to them and this imminently would change the history.

Have you ever spotted that why the music theory is being advertised by the instrument players or lovers not music producers? Because instruments are essentially for producing harmonious sounds. Suppose how many of the sounds in the universe are harmonious, 1 in 1000000000000000000000....... ones? I made these sounds formerly. I don't know you'd love them or not but find the music theory in them.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  14. ia

ia Producer

There also great books
    Walter Piston Harmony and Orchestration. Jeremy Soule love them

15. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

16. julianbre

julianbre Producer

There are no F notes in a C# Major chord (triad). The chord should be spelled C#E#G#. I see this mistake all the time.
    Walter Piston Harmony is a good book to study but I prefer Ottman.

17. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

The above is a great example of the oft quoted “good artists borrow, great artists steal.”

Wait, what? I'm guessing he said this on Facebook? (I don't 'do' Facebook)

18. ia

ia Producer

yes:yes:

19. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Sshhh!

20. ia

ia Producer

E# instead of F? Sounds worst for piano tuning

21. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

but once you get into more advanced theory you start to understand that the key relationships are like note or chords relationships

http://www.javierarau.com/augmented-scale-theory/

[​IMG]

this is connecting 4 tonic system ( made from diminished scale) to 3 tonic system ( made from augmented scale) each note location forms a major/minor key if we begin at C major Amin key
    the 4 tonic system gives us 4 major keys and all their chords notes etc. that is starting form C maj key we have C maj,Eflat major, f+ major, a major,

the 3 tonic system is the same concept except formed from a augmented scale we have c maj key, E major key aflat major key. the aflat major key is the connecting point from 3 tonic to 4 tonic system

lets look at the information more closely

we take 3 tonic system first.
    C maj CEGB DFAC EGBD FACE GBDF ACEG BDFA

E maj EG#BD# F#AC#E G#BD#F# AC#EG# BD#F#A C#EG#B D#F#AC#

G#maj G#CD#G A#C#FG# CD#GA# C#FG#C D#GA#C# FG#CD# GA#C#F

here we can see that each one of these keys chords , are located in same location as the chords of the other keys this is because they are related as explained earlier do the same thing for the 4 tonic system.

Last edited: May 31, 2017