Music, Science, and Art: Documentary And Educational Videos -- post here

Discussion in 'Education' started by Futurewine, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Hi folks! Are we bored with what's on the TV today? Are you looking for some random music related documentaries or educational videos? Be it music science or art, I'm opening this thread for people who share the same interests. Please keep this thread clean and only post related videos. Love and respect. Thank you and happy watching! :)

*Please use search this thread before re-posting.
    *You may follow the following format to post your videos (just an option, if you'd like to share synopsis/episode guide)

BBC Two: Howard Goodall's Story of Music (Complete Episodes/Playlists)
    About: Howard Goodall traces the story of music from the ancient world to the modern day.
    — Episode Guide —
    (1/6) The Age of Discovery: Tracing the growth of music from an ancient religious practice to a secular folk tradition. (2/6) The Age of Invention: Howard Goodall looks at the musical innovations of the period between 1650 and 1750. (3/6) The Age of Elegance & Sensibility: Howard Goodall looks at the age of Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert and Chopin. (4/6) The Age of Tragedy: Goodall examines the 19th century craze for music that dealt with death and destiny. (5/6) The Age of Rebellion: Composer Howard Goodall looks at the period when modernism in music arrived. (6/6) The Popular Age: Composer Howard Goodall looks at the popular age - the last hundred years in music.

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

4. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

5. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

A Noble Prize Winner and One of the Greatest mind of the 20th century
    Involved in the Atomic Bomb project and the Space Shuttle Challenger investigation

6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

here is one not related to music,
    but the MOST life transforming
    education info i have ever come across
    it can change every moment for the rest of your life onward. (for the better)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

BBC One: Kenneth Clark's Civilisation - 1969 (Complete Episodes/Playlists)
    About: Kenneth Clark's landmark series tracing the development of civilisation
    — Episode Guide —
    (1/13) The Skin of Our Teeth: Kenneth Clark looks at how European ideas and art survived the Dark Ages. (2/13) The Great Thaw: Kenneth Clark looks at the reawakening of European civilisation in the 12th Century. (3/13) Romance and Reality: Kenneth Clark travels to France and Italy to capture the spirit of the later Middle Ages. (4/13) Man - The Measure of all Things: Kenneth Clark continues his reflections on civilisation with a look at Renaissance man. (5/13) The Hero as Artist: Kenneth Clark looks at artists Michelangelo, Raphael and Leonardo da Vinci. (6/13) Protest and Communication: Lord Clark looks at the upheavals of the Reformation. (7/13) Grandeur and Obedience: Sir Kenneth Clark visits Rome where he examines the Catholic world in the 16th Century. (8/13) The Light of Experience: Kenneth Clark looks at the Holland of Rembrandt and the London of Purcell and Wren. (9/13) The Pursuit of Happiness: Kenneth Clark looks at the influence of 18th Century music on rococo architecture. (10/13) The Smile of Reason: A look at the beginnings of revolutionary politics in the 18th Century. (11/13) The Worship of Nature: Kenneth Clark examines the belief in the divinity of nature. (12/13) The Fallacies of Hope: Kenneth Clark traces the progressive disillusionment of Romantic movement artists. (13/13) Heroic Materialism: Kenneth Clark considers heroic materialism and humanitarianism in the past 100 years.

8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

p.s.- also refutation of retarded "flat earth" horse shit.
    ive watched at least 3000 space related docs in my day, studied papers of many individual scientists all over world that are not connected to anyone they do their own work and release papers
    there are literally multiple MILLIONS of refutations of "Fwatt Erf Feory"( nhy nhy nah nn mmmm)

(reason i bring that up is because really thinking about all the great science docs and the people in those fields what they show to be factual about reality )

the only conclusion i can come up with is you have to be retarded to the point where you might accidentally hang yourself while attempting to tie your clown shoes

( by retarded i mean "willfully ignorant"
    i'm aware of zero handicapped individuals that accept the "flat earth theory"
    ( the OLD use of the word retarded), those folks are actually very intelligent
    and with what they live with each day, they dont fall for con job you tube videos)

my position is that "willful ignorance" (o fthe flat earth caliber )should be shamed as much as possible otherwise we will go back to cavemen days.
    a fully grown adult should be expected to have general knowledge down about the way reality works. deniers of this should be made to be shown the lowest of the low,(those that deny what has been shown millions of times to be true) they sit back and enjoy the comforts of millions of human beings lifetimes of work standing on the shoulders of giants, yet they disrespect this to the point of self embarrassment. they should be forced to live like cavemen ( flat earthers) because they deny the reality which brings them the luxury they shit and piss all over. the flat earth mentality shows me a side of humanity that is disgusting as murder or other over the top disgusting behavior.

the reason to bring this up in this comment,

the most important things human beings have done the greatest thing is how we have worked our whole life to discover than carry that on , share knowledge to next generation and continue until we actually learn about reality we test and probe it to get the answers this is what makes us different to an earthworm, disrespecting this is to say humanity is shit.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

In my 1000+ hours on Flat earth and talking to them on Facebook, they do not know anything about science and I actually find it pity. They are scared to watch any science videos too like in the last thread..

If they only know (Einstein's documentary I posted above) Theory of relativity was Declined by the best 4 University in the world and all of the American Scientist wrote a paper trying to disprove and even Einstein's colleagues wrote papers to disprove it. But the Theory match the predicted experiment so accurately you can't deny it. Flat Earthers don't know all the theories are like this which I find it very disturbing and sad.

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

thank you for your comment fine sir, but could you please put a couple links to some docs you like in the comment you posted ( for fun)

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

another interesting perspective, and cautionary analysis...

12. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

A bit dumbed down but a good introduction and well made for those who might enjoy the strange world of quantum physics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

There is this ERIC DUBAY who posted these stuff. He had his youtube channel removed sadly due to copyright infringement because he used a lot of copyright stuff in his video. BTW I think they made a video about illuminati/Free Mason delete the channel LOL.

Here is a 5 min video

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

If you like the fisrt post you might also like this:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

17. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I think I missed that @huschiwuschi . Many thanks :shalom:. Found the full playlist here.

Channel 4: How Music Works with Howard Goodall (Complete Episodes/Playlists)
    A series of four programmes – Melody, Rhythm, Harmony & Bass – it was first transmitted 18 November 2006 for four weeks on Channel 4.
    Written and presented by Howard Goodall.

18. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

19. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

upload_2018-1-7_23-27-14.png Bits and Bytes: Complete Episodes (1983) : Bits and Bytes is a classic, and still foundational, Canadian television series about microcomputers and the key concepts behind them. It was produced by TVOntario in 1983, and stars Luba Goy as the instructor, and Billy Van as the student. For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bits_and_bytes.

20. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Same to you , i didn't knew the other thing ;)

21. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record