Music royalty / relase form

Discussion in 'Education' started by studio4, Mar 26, 2012.

1. studio4

studio4 Newbie

Hello,
    my question is regarding a song which the author wants us to split 50/50 any royalties that might come from it. We both agree to sign a deal 50/50 split. Does anyone here use any forms/document or knows of any generic layout or verbiage which can be used to create such form?

Would a document stating that we are willing to split any royalties or money from sales of said song be available online anywhere?

Thank to all who are kind enough to share their knowledge.
    Studio4

3. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Just a simple word document stating that, and signed by each of you is fine. When the song is rendered out of your DAW, the "Hard Copyright" is produced in your app data folder on your computer, Soooo if the finished version is rendered on your computer and the other takes more than half of the royalties, you can sue. If you are splitting the royalties, who has access to bank or paypal account? Only one person needs access unless your at a public studio when you did the collaboration. Either way, Just a plain document stating that each contributor to the song will receive half of all royalties made. :D Keep producing

4. studio4

studio4 Newbie

Thank you very "Hebrew in the Rain".
    I am the one with the DAW (Pro Tools) so that should count for something. I definitely prove its the original song. I will write it up then and sign it. All is cool with the other co-writer now but I would like to avoid any issues in the future.