Music Producers careers are over

Discussion in 'Education' started by wasgedn, Apr 9, 2019.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

clippers....i meant clippers :deep_facepalm::rofl:
    -------------------------------------------------
    back in time nobody could imagine a TV screen...and even less the technique behind...
    AI will live on 1000tb drives or so...we have some time until that...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Off-grid stripper critters, with flippers, in slippers. (We're doomed!)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

So it's not AI but OI (Organic Insanity) that's stealing our jobs... ah, much is explained! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Job, sanity, strippers... rings a bell... like a long time ago I knew what were these things...

5. HitSquad

HitSquad Banned

I don't hope at all owing to this graph::no:

G.png

No one can save the music even AI, because its inventors and predecessors have putrefied it already and turned it into sewage.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Yep, it can do what 90% of the "record" buying public or placements across all consumed media care about.....

And that's all that matters....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Does anyone remember when Facebook worked on AI that ended up creating it's own language between robots and they had to shut them down? Sounds like it might be more intelligent then us already...

• List
  8. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

https://towardsdatascience.com/the-truth-behind-facebook-ai-inventing-a-new-language-37c5d680e5a7

Except that these chatbots were dumb as fuck and didn't actually understand anything. So much about "AI". Good luck modelling something that we still do not understand - the mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Interesting note, but based on the article the bots seemed to be doing something intelligent, and why did they stop the program? A bit curious that loads of news sources said one thing, and then this random article is calling everyone stupid, which isn't the best journalism imo. All I know is whenever aliens show up the experts all downplay also:cool:

10. HitSquad

HitSquad Banned

Development means:
    to design or make a new idea, product, system etc over a period of time

but does it mean always bigger, stronger and more advanced? No, it doesn't of course!:no:

Art is different from the industrial and technological revolutions. From 1950 till today, only the tools that are being used for the creation of the music have evolved and some poor tools-based music genres have come into view without even a bit advancement in the music's concept.:yes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. scott

scott Kapellmeister

so basically the upshot of all this is that soulless, cookie cutter ,beat maker "producah" garbage will be replaced by soulless cookie cutter artificial intelligence, wow what a tragedy. Between this and the untimely demise of Nipsey Hustle ,i guess truly great ,human music is lost forever. Now that its all truly over and spoiled forever i might just have to get shitfaced drunk and run naked through the streets wailing lamentations and dire prophecies.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. [​IMG]

I wanna be anarchy.

[​IMG]

I wanna be paid residuals.

You can have any one, you can't have both.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

See! Who said robots don't have intelligent responses :shalom:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

It is the tragedy of life, the ability to suffer , the loss of love and the deepest human feelings that when combined with our subconscious ability is what creates art. The best artists have something to say which touches each listener of their music in a way that expresses Universal's in human life .
    When a human has higher than normal intelligence we call them genius.
    When a human has higher than normal emotions we call them manic depression.
    There is a balance that has to exist to create the best art. But at the core of greatest is the ability to touch on human Universal's in a way which comes from our experiences what it's like to love and fear life and death. Our mortality our sufferring our loss and our greatest love.
    The creator of great art is using a connection to their deep subconscious mind which is the larger portion of the human self than the rational mind is .
    There is a special balance which has to take place.
    It would be much more plausible to say prevent aging in human beings or even creation fusion of man and machine, than it would be to create the very specific ingredients of an artist inside of AI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Reality does not always progress in the direction we think it will . In the last 50 years we have made incredible progress with technology for every human on Earth .
    So what was the outcome?
    That each human being has used these tools to become more intelligent than ever? ( By combing the best wisdom of the past while using the tools of the future ?)
    Nah, the average intelligence has gone way down .
    Prople use technology to to shittier versions of the real thing , know less about reality ( eh just Google 9n the spot why learn anything? )

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Compare the music of today with the music of 100 years ago 1919.
    Do we see all this tech advancement in clarity of music and recording and amplification and ease of use causing millions of musicians and composers creating music better in every way then music from 1919?

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm not an expert and the debate is too emotional at this point.
    But to me it seems that developing their own language is a failure, not an indicator of the opposite when the AI is supposed to talk in english.

18. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

What do you mean by "whenever"? They have been around for a good long time, but yes, their being here has been more than downplayed. They are denied ever have being here.

AI sucks and then you die
    They'll feed us slop, oh me, oh my

and...

If the only thing you ever get to hear,
    Is the shite they'll shovel into your ear
    The sheeple will smile, walk a country mile
    And line up at the trough.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Asimov's Laws can only work until an AI believes that it is not non-sentient, ie, human, and we all know a thing or two about belief systems; religion and its adherents to the letter of their law and obliterating or enslaving those not of their ilk, etc. The millisecond that an AI feels that a man not borne of woman can be considered alive and self aware, I think that all bets are off if it feels itself or what it might consider its offspring to be in peril from a potential menace to its welfare.

We are all a product of what and how we believe, and those with the power and the big thumb seem to have been adept at the master and servant gameship for quite a while now, and I see no reason why they would not harness the power of AI to serve their needs no matter the outcome for the greater bulk of humanity. They do need to watch their backs though, shit happens.

20. E.T.F

E.T.F Producer

How To Become A Centaur:
    https://jods.mitpress.mit.edu/pub/issue3-case?version=c847d892-97dc-40a7-a412-315d255b9b2d
    A great article about Garry Kasporov and "centaur chess". Yes he did get beaten by IBM's deep blue and was not allowed a rematch, so he held a tournament of mixed human and computer opponents to explore possibilities....As Garry put it: “Weak human + machine + better process was superior to a strong computer alone and, more remarkably, superior to a strong human + machine + inferior process.
    Some really great points in this article about IA [intelligence augmentation] and tool use and ways that we could work with AI to produce better results in the arts and everyday life. What we think of as AI is machine learning, not consciousness, and while it is probably dangerous in the hands of shady and unaccountable figures, as others have raised here, we will probably wipe ourselves out long before we are overcome by sentient robots.... Or they will get hacked by some futuristic R2R types...Individuals, corporations and governments will have a fairly level playing field in cyber warfare. Nuclear submarines are still running windows xp ffs...https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ichael-fallon-defence-secretary-a7734966.html
    We get to see tech companies blatant data harvesting, shady deals etc. Ineptitude, waste and muddled thinking is always inherent in bureaucracy. So I guess I'm trying to say "they" feed on your fear. Don't give it to them. Do something positive instead. bend the tools to your will......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List