Music Producers careers are over

Discussion in 'Education' started by wasgedn, Apr 9, 2019.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

is this ai music ?

2. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

and when google come around the corner they get data or mass

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yes,absolutely.:like:

4. Rock and Roll is about fucking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Wives eh.. hows the harem thing workng out for ya :drunks:

6. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

No, the songs which are created for "her" are fan made.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

He's not the only one...

No, but the 'performer' is. I was referring to this
    In the first vid there's no live music at all, in the second not even a real performer. And no one in these crowds would care if the music was made by an AI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

You have to think about, what IS art?
    It is an expression of emotions of creativety of human beings capacity to feel love, pain,sufferring, fear if death failure etc.
    Human beings brains are universes of complexity down to quantum level the brain is quantum computers with trillions of bits mofo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

The day your tests include a dolphin taking over your music job or a chimp becoming a cheaper alternative to a mastering engineer , is the day I'll worry about "Aye eye" taking my job.
    The complexity of the quantum computer that is a pitbulls brain hasn't even been fathomed in a computer yet.

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Along this journey of computers becoming smarter than humans.......
    R2r will come out with cracked plugins which accurately model a 25,000$ studio mic , through your phone earpiece
    And we will see 400$ camera phones that as good as arri Alexa .

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

12. LZ Jaydon

LZ Jaydon Producer

You know how a painter makes 100 random drops of wet colour drop down on a white paper, but only two of them really strike him and have an emotional impact?

Likewise the AI will programm 7 minute tracks a 1000 times. And I am going to be the idiot listening to them and finding the one that touches me. Warner will soon pay me millions to listen to so much crap and sought out the good stuff. /////

What a horrific dystopian vision huhehehehe.

After all Music that is composed by an AI is intended to earn money. And only money. There is no art in something that is not art. Simple.

We express our inner world with music in a way that we couldn't do otherwise. What a powerful way to communicate.

Some communicate deep universal truths. Some communicate confusion. If you are confused you will listen to music that will strengthen your confusion. AI music communicates Brick Walls. If you are a Brick Wall it will strengthen your brickwallness.

forgive me the mysterious phrasing.

And much love. hahahaha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. G String

G String Rock Star

My thoughts too. IT companies do one thing better than anything else - marketing hype.

Not to deny the potential of incrementalism and 'Big Data', but philosophically and engineering wise, nobody even knows how to do the stuff that the public are being told is 'almost upon us'. As previously, it's largely a pipe-dream. And as you say, there's the issue of money: why would researchers admit they have no hope of achieving what is expected?

IMO, enormous amounts of capital are being frivolously (and scandalously) spunked on bullshit. Self-driving cars, for instance. To a large degree it is all a self-serving con, imo. And on what else can Google and FB etc spunk their mountains of cash? Better to spend the dough on irrigating the Sahara, providing clean water and cheap food, protecting the environment etc. But no, spunk the money on AI, robots and colonising Mars (!) All a disgraceful, essentially useless waste of resource imo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

If AI is so advanced wouldn't it take over graphic design jobs first? would seem more realistic then computer based Sonic emotions

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

I'm sure many of you had a play with the Google Bach simulator the other week. I think it may well be increasingly possible to emulate a particular compositional 'style', but to do anything genuinely novel (and listenable) is a long way off... Not least because, as you all know, it's not only the words, notes & phrases (and the spaces between them) that you creatively filter, it's also those you leave out that make for the unique, individual lyrical & harmonic expression that we call song/music...

In the real world there is a profound difference between machine learning and true artificial intelligence. At the moment we're in the early stages of the former and I very much doubt we'll see the latter within 50 years, probably longer... after all, human self awareness/consciousness is not at all fully understood currently - and modelling it (let alone embedding/coding it within silicon or something) is still at best in the hopeful planning stages, nothing more. All the rest of it, as @G String and others mention above, is simply self-serving big-tech marketing smoke 'n' mirror guff... it's just the same with quantum computers - nobody even knows how to get them to do anything remotely useful at the moment, and it's unclear if/when that's likely to change.

Indeed it's the current gulf between human sci-fi imagination and synthetic engineering reality that defines the scale of the challenge...

16. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

:rofl:. This is the story of evolution. Man made machines are emulated again. Damn.. Humanity :deep_facepalm:

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I came in the mood for joking, but man the bar is way too high :rofl:

18. HitSquad

HitSquad Banned

I've never trusted the software or emulator guys and never will. Those guys have ruined the music and largely are in charge of the emergence of the obnoxious contemporary genres and even the "music production" term. Every time they invent something, the things go downhill more.

My suggestion is:
    Burn your DAWs and don't use their made tools.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. powerplay

powerplay Ultrasonic

Finally, the last nail in the rap and edm people's coffin who has been doing the same thing over and over again and calling themselves producers !! Good news!!

20. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I know it already.But emotions and creativity can also be done by computers.If computers learn about all music made by humans and make a music inspired by human music,its music will reflect our.
    HAHAHA....It's not the case for every human brain though....:rofl: