Music Needed For Mixing/Mastering Courses

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fuad, Oct 15, 2014.

1. fuad

fuad Producer

Hey guys hope you're all doing good.

I'm still in the process of creating courses and content for my website so I have a request and what better to express it than here.

I'm in need of songs to make courses out of. So if you're a producer and you produce any kind of electronic music, send it over and I'll make a course out of it and then give you that course for free of course.

I will be doing both mixing and mastering courses. So here's what i need.

For Mixing
    1) Remove all plugins and effects from all individual instruments, tracks, groups etc, except if there's a plugin doing some kind of automation that you would like to keep
    2) Remove any plugins and effects on the master channel, again except for anything doing some kind of automation
    3) Remove any track grouping and send/return effects
    4) Make sure nothing is peaking or going into the red
    5) Export each individual track as a 24bit 44100Hz Wav file and clearly label each file so I know what it is.

For Mastering
    1) Make sure you are completely satisfied with your mixdown, I can give you suggestions and feedback if I think something really needs fixing
    2) Remove all plugins from the master channel, except anything doing automation that you would like to keep
    3) Make sure the master fader never goes into the red, so there must be enough headroom for me to work
    4) Export the mixdown as a 24bit 44100hz wav file and label it with your name and the track name

If you'r sending me multiple files, put them all in a zip file and label the zip file, then upload it somewhere so i can then download it to my computer. Also, tell me what genre your song is in so I label and name the courses correctly.

Like I said I'm still in the process of building my courses and website so I would really love for everyone's feedback and support. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's something I might have missed in the description.

Thanks guys!

3. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

nice offer, can i enter???

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Sure why not?

5. fuad

fuad Producer

yeah man definitely! If anyone thinks they have a good song ready for mastering or good enough to be released then yeah send it over and I'll go though them and see which ones are best fit for a course

6. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

so what music do you like?

I am pretty shure that a person who likes house,hip hop,trance,dance bla bla or whatever all those genres is called very much cant mix or master as hard rock or metal song
    Well maybe not even a pop song or an ballad or an folk song.

7. fuad

fuad Producer

I like all kinds of music but specialize in electronic, that's why I asked for electronic music for the courses :)

Try me ;)

8. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Why not? Some approaches and techniques makes the same thing, regardless the genres.
    An acoustic guitar is an acoustic guitar no matter if you hear it into a hard-rock/pop/r&b even house genre. As long as you know and practiced the mixing techniques and also listened to a few references songs of that genre, you're already able to adapt that technique in order to fit that particular genre.
    You mean about jazz/hard-rock/metal rock genres like they'd come from another dimension.
    You can hear all the genres through the same pair of speakers and also 2+2=4 regardless the situation.

Cheers.

9. MrWux

MrWux Newbie

Is there a place for a noobie like me? To be honest i created account just to pop this question.
    I created a song few days ago,but it really sounds like poop compared to referenced tracks since i dont have any real mixing n mastering skills :/

10. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

There are very good tutorials out there. You can Check Youtube videos and search for "Mixing Tutorial"

You can check in the Education Forum Section too.

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/forum/14-education/

Also in The Mixing and Mastering Section there are many posts by users that are very helpful.

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/forum/60-mixing-and-mastering/

11. MrWux

MrWux Newbie

Noticed and will checkout links for sure,tnx!
    I always lurked on these forum and never really interacted with any1 (till now),
    hopefully i will get some new experiences.
    For now I prioritized learning synthesis and song arrangement over "MnM"
    Taking baby steps.

this is all from me here,
    dont wanna hijack the thread.
    Cheers!

12. Soul Runna

Soul Runna Guest

Very welcome initiative. Thanks for sharing.

1) Is there a deadline for sending the tracks? Until when can I send the tracks?

2) Can I send you by Filemail? Is there a problem you pass your e-mail for me?

13. helder777

helder777 Newbie

Can be a remix? http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/14454-the-chainsmokers-kanye-ft-sirenxx-h-soares-remix-feed4feed/

I guess not, right?

It's the only song I have for now :(

14. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

i have an Original song i been trying to mix and master by myself. Perhaps i should send it to you. Courious as to what you would do to it.

15. coolissimo

coolissimo Member

Hello,

Can i submit a beat instead of a song ? And what is the email adress to submit the music ?

Let me know.

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

A beat is a song man, just without words. I assume fuad is looking for more EDM type stuff but perhaps it will fit so try. You never know. :wink:

17. fuad

fuad Producer

Hey guys, I'll get back to each of your questions in a private message just so that the thread is more focused on submitting the tracks. There's no deadline but the sooner the better, and all original electronic music is welcome. But it has to be something that you are willing to have released. It must be a good quality track, well arranged, well produced and composed. That way I can make a better course and everyone gets to learn more. If you have a track that's still in the works or if you need help with your arrangements, sound design etc..then I do teach one-on-one. Just send me a PM if you have any questions and we'll talk it out :) Or if you want to leave a question here then I'll take a look at it and message you with an answer.

18. manducator

manducator Member

PM sent! :wink: