Music Keyboard Repair Places I Can Ship To?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Meteo Xavier, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

I've been trying for a while to get a Roland EM-25 keyboard repaired. I'm well aware it's only a few rungs above being a toy keyboard 10-year-olds get for Christmas, but it's still useful to me and I want to find someone I can hire to try to get it fixed before junking it entirely. The problems with it include the backlight being off, the power source being warped so that only a very specific position for plugging it in gets it power and the top octave of keys randomly not working or playing only at the maximum velocity.

"Why don't you just throw it away/buy a new one/fix it yourself/other unhelpful suggestion, etc."

Because I don't want to, that's all there is to it (related to my autism, but that's the way I do things). It's one thing if I CAN'T get it fixed, but surely there's someone in the United States who can and probably wants the money.

So that's my post here: Do you know of any music keyboard or general electronics repair people in the main 48 states of the US who could help me repair this keyboard via postage?

If anyone in the forum here wants to try to fix it for $, that would be fine as well.

Thank you.

3. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

You can try to call Robbie at AL&M in Norfolk, VA (757)853-2424.

I almost certain you can ship in if you pay to have it shipped back out.

They've fixed a few keyboards for me and have always done a good job. Get an estimate and see if it is worth for you. Also ask how long it will take, they usually have a backlog for repairing old keyboards. It might take longer if they have an issue sourcing parts, or if there are just a lot of people waiting ahead of you.

4. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

Thank you, sir.

5. electriclash

electriclash Guest

in nyc:

this guy (jeff) is an absolute wizard, he may take the job:
    EARS
    40 W 27th St 9th fl, New York, NY 10001
    (212) 868-4357

these guys have also done excellent work on my gear in the past:
    https://www.roguemusic.com/repairs.html
    you can email them directly with the details: [email protected]

6. julianbre

julianbre Producer

7. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

If you are in Florida you should contact @The Pirate . He just fixed my 750 sampler a couple of weeks ago.He worked for Roland R & D for years. He knows these Rolands inside out. He may be willing to help you or point you in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Meteo, another option is to fix it yourself. Ebay has the all the parts you need. They have the Display screen, jack board and rubber key contacts. Worst case scenario, they even have the main cpu board.

Look for dealer Keyboard Kountry on ebay. If you don't want to try and repair it yourself, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

9. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

Some repairs are easy. Others are better left to a pro. I tried to repair my Roland sampller and made it worst. I wa lucky that @The Pirate was around. If you dont know what you are doing, dont try to fix it yourself.

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Even if he is in Florida, I would not be able to help him, or anyone else, until the Summer. I am inundated with work. No free time. I know a couple of pros here in Florida that can do the job.