Music Delivery Of The Future

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by P O P, Jun 29, 2015.

1. P O P

P O P Kapellmeister

[media]https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1789434/video-528528-h264_high.mp4[/media]

[​IMG]

you can have a look at this older article too.

3. This reminds me and I will share, I have been brainstorming (with the pockmarked remnants of my shattered mind) on a project entitled "iamasound" which has to do with vibratory aspects of the physical body and the sonic phase relationship created as it inter-reacts with the soul. Kinda like John Cage meets Enya in a laundromat on The Bowery and the both haven't individually enough dirty laundry for a full load, so they share a machine, and as the tumbler tumbles, go out to savour yummy bowls of borscht at the Ukraine Restaurant (Cage takes the hard boiled egg in his, Enya just frowns and blinks her eyes when the waitress asks her if she wants one too). I am looking forwards to the results of my endeavour. Collaborators? Cohorts?

4. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

hahaha, this is so cool and funny... great artistic idea.
    ...but it is unclear to me how do You encode music into DNA :excl:

5. @Rhodes...The encoders and the artist will, in my mind anyway, will create their own code using (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). Every nuance of the piece, each individual note, note duration, on and on etc. will be represented. The bubble wouldn't allow you to hear the music if a bubble would burst on you, but the implied artistic idea would have the participants of the performance literally bathing in the performance. Kinda cool, kinda expensive to achieve, hence the video asking for donations.

6. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

sorry, but this is just to much...
    I`ll rather toss some change in a hat of a street musician than donate for something that I can`t feel, can`t hear and can`t see.
    I think we had enough bubbles :unsure:

anyway, I find the idea very original and entertaining, and thanks for the explanation :wink:

7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

You guys are very resourceful :) :wink:

This is about information storage on molecules (here: dna).
    Technical and as dry as a bone.
    Instead of 0 and 1 you have combinations of nucleotides.