Musescore is getting better and better, What's your thoughts about

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by JEPasCP1, Dec 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. JEPasCP1

JEPasCP1 Member

IDK if anyone know this but, Musescore releases 4th Version and they getting closer to beat Sibelius or other Scoring Softwares in terms of Alternatives..

What's new with this version is:
    • Muse Sounds; Fully-Featured Orchestra with Extensive Articulations of Strings, Woods, Brass, etc.
    • Engravings are improved
    • Mixer Track
    • Full VST3 Support, now you can use Any Sampler, Synths, and Effects you Want
    What I don't like is:
    • CPU and Sometimes GPU Intensive, also RAM needs some more than Older Versions, which is not suitable for Low End Devices
    • Somewhat Optimized in Articulation Triggers but needs much more fixes for Kontakt and other Orchestra Modules (Sonatina, BBCSO, etc.)
    • No JACK/ASIO/LADSPA/Other Playback Systems Supported.
    • In Certain Situations if you click the note, sounds stutters sometimes.

Final Thoughts?
    It came pretty handy than ever before and can compete other scoring softwares, and quite good for epic orchestral piece or skits with new soundfont for MS4, and all of them It is free including free effects

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Been using it over the years and I´ve always found extremly complicated and hard to find a decent workflow with.
    I have downloaded latest release - tested very briefly and it seems to be ok so far.

4. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

I used and liked Musescore, but be careful not to let it connect to the internet, or they will use your scores.
    Specially if you are not the owner of the original song, they will sell the scores...
    But it's easy to solve with a firewall.

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. RealBananas

RealBananas Kapellmeister

I only watched this video from one of the creators and think that being granted some insight into the behind the scenes design process of such complicated software is amazing :woot:

I am not planning to use Musescore myself (because I am more into MIDI), but I learned a lot just from watching the video :beg:

6. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

I really like it, especially with "special" things like guitar version of harpsichord piece and such

7. waverider

waverider Rock Star

WTF is that for real? Never heard of this, but I haven't kept up to date with this software. I suppose it's something in their terms of use. If they really have this policy I would find it scandalous tbh

8. Dblurgh

Dblurgh Ultrasonic

Please provide a source for your claim.