Muse receptor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by meelkaa, Dec 28, 2011.

1. meelkaa

meelkaa Newbie

HI EVERYBODY!

I thinking about buying Muse receptor. I have read a lot of about this but still I have few questions about it.

Is it possible to load cracked kontakt into it?

3. fresh

fresh Newbie

listen buy another pc is cheaper and then connect it with your main pc with Reamote ....

W Cockos Reaper

4. psyfactor

psyfactor Newbie

In all honesty, if you are going to stump up $1899 for the lowest specced receptor, u may as well just goto the $2300 one which has ni komplete 8 already on it and setup in instruments ready to go.
    you get another license for komplete 8 as well for your pc too.

Not trying to guilt trip you, just makes sense if you have a receptor to go non cracked plugins, one good reason is it actually runs on linux, and as such won't really have been tested by the crackers, which may lead to alot of issues or none, it's a dice roll.
    The N.I plugs are also a different version on receptor, called Komplete Inside , so are probably optimised and rejigged for the receptors controls etc.

The other reason would be resale down the line, not being able to provide license transfer may make it hard to sell etc...

And for the paranoid types, since they are the only people that make them, if something were to go wrong with the hardware, you would need to get it fixed by them, and they may well have logs,keys,whatever that shows what has been done on it install/uninstall/runtime of each plugin, etc , so they can fix things easier and improve future models.

Just my 2 cents...

5. djkmc

djkmc Newbie

+1
    A laptop of modest specs, or another pc/mac linked via ethernet with Reaper's Reamote would allow one to access virtual instruments and plugins. Its easy to setup, and far more cost effective if you have a spare machine about.

6. meelkaa

meelkaa Newbie

Thanks Everybody for reply.

I thinking about receptor because of my a man who is great musician but He is blind. With receptor is possible to run kontakt without mouse, make patches, even program change, etc. Anybody knows does receptor's knobs are hard or soft? When I move it, can I feel the progress?

And one more question: If I will buy it, Is it possible to run for example Kirk Hunter Orchestra Emarald which is not protected (just samples and nki's files) and than save it as pathes in receptor? If it's possible then I coud be able to use others sounds which I can just put into hard drive in receptor, isn't it?

7. meelkaa

meelkaa Newbie

Thanks Everybody for reply.

I thinking about receptor because of my a man who is great musician but He is blind. With receptor is possible to run kontakt without mouse, make patches, even program change, etc. Anybody knows does receptor's knobs are hard or soft? When I move it, can I feel the progress?

And one more question: If I will buy it, Is it possible to run for example Kirk Hunter Orchestra Emarald which is not protected (just samples and nki's files) and than save it as pathes in receptor? If it's possible then I coud be able to use others sounds which I can just put into hard drive in receptor, isn't it?

8. fresh

fresh Newbie

listen you can t browse patch with a knob and you have to assign each fucking control to kontakt for every instance ... daaaamn
    the receptor is shit

9. meelkaa

meelkaa Newbie

Hi there! I asked because I saw in internet that you chose instaled sounds via front panel of receptor. First source: for example Kontakt then patch. And first on which channel it will load. If You (or anybody) have some expirience with receptor please let mi know.

10. mephisto

mephisto Newbie

Does this only work with Reaper? No way to get this to work with FL Studio, maybe with some other networking solution? Got a 2GB EEE box standing here collecting dust, not exactly DAW specs but too good not to use either. FL Studio runs on it as does Reason 5.

11. ghost47

ghost47 Noisemaker

NO/Yes 1st the Program must be a known to work program on a receptor (http://www.kvraudio.com/)shows All tested & reported programs that work on all receptor models. 2.The recptor is Ilok protected for certain programs, If your in the right "scene" Some but not all (Broken)programs will work seamlessly,I have two receptors & swear by the smooth work flow & control,I just open it as an instrument in Pro Tools & can create without worrying about DSP,The Coolest thing about every Muse are they are user friendly meaning load any program at will remove at will.So to all the nay Sayers you can't hook a printer up to it but try running 15-20 VST'S on your pc & watch it crash & yes I use a Mac also sorry for the rant...

12. ghost47

ghost47 Noisemaker

What is meant by "load via front panel of receptor"internal patches load from already loaded sounds by pushing in front knobs,but you can "Hot Swap" files via usb or via the Ethernet connection via the Remote software that connects computer to computer it allows you to see the receptor as a hard rive on your computer Mac/PC drop & drag, fast as phuck as if it's not even a separate computer!