Multisampling Protected Halion Library?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Ayahuasca, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

I have a protected Halion library that I bought but it won’t let me export the .wav multisamples from it as they are protected in one way or another

I take it this protection can’t be bypassed?

So I’m left with the option of sampling every key. Does anybody know of any software that can help with the multisampling process? or a way of bypassing Halions export protection?

Many Thanks!

3. Roboto

Roboto Producer

Xlutop Chainer could resample instruments.
    Extreme Sample Converter can do that too... but there must be better alternatives now. Maybe DiscoDSP Bliss?

4. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

I will have a look into them! Thanks!

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Logic Auto-Sampler is awesome for this. Skyline Sample Robot used to be my favorite, but it's expensive and there have been no scene releases since about v3, and none for Mac. With Logic Autosampler, there isn't even a need. It makes great keymap samples and also "Instruments". You can select the number of root notes you want to sample, which portion of the key scale, how many key strikes and separate velocity for each, input volume, and so on. You just insert it as a channel audio effect send; it's under the utility plugins.

It's great for external hardware, but I also use it frequently with the Virus TI which is more like resampling a synth Plugin, because I use Audio over USB for it. It should have no problem with Halion.

Sample Robot is precisely what you are looking for. The scene released version is 32 bit though iirc.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  6. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Thanks! Sample Robot looks amazing! Shame it’s not had a release for a while. If I can find a 32bit version of Halion it should work out perfect :)