Multiple plugins deemed "malicious" by apple

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by madbuzzin, Dec 1, 2021.

1. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

I am having an issue where a lot of plugins from the sister site are deemed malicious by apple. When logic starts up it tries to verify say all the valhalla plugins (which work fine on a different machine) "might be malicious" and gives me the option of throwing the plugin in the trash or viewing it in finder... what gives? the amount of dirty plugins I had on my 2009 macbook and I never had this issue... Ive tried some sudo command but to no avail... Whats the work around? how do I force my mac to accept the dirty .component files??
    M1 14" monterey 12.0.1

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

they are not "dirty" lol. Logic AU Validation tool is failing them.

Use OSX Validate All AUs. Make sure they are properly codesigned or you will get all types off weird errors. those errors often give meaningless "causes". Like "Damaged" files...it may as well report anything.

obviously if they are not m1/rosetta compatible plugins, they will not work no matter what you do. At that point, (if compatible and still not working) you may try bridging or using Blue Cat Audio Patchwork to load the plugin inside a wrapper.

if you have improperly codesigned AU .components installed, or do not know; you may just want to get Codesigner and use it on every non-Apple 3rd party component you have. It would save you a lot of typing in terminal and reduce the chances of any typos.

You will also want BatChmod, Permissions Reset 2, and a firewall like Little Snitch or Lulu.

when you install a new plugin, you should block it from outbound activity. both the .component and any standalones. VST and VST2/3 instances also, should you install those plugin copies. (I do for my controller)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  4. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

...and how the fuck do I make it pick up the .components... I added the plugins component folder to the side bar... who the fuck designs these goddamn hideous programs. Like analog obsessions... I am a contributor to his patreon, theres like 6 plugins that dont work, I sent him what the au tool in logic was spitting back and he was like "huh, weird issue, restart your computer..." Like no, how about you make a fucking plugin thats "codesigned or whatever the fuck, properly... it's pretty fucking ridiculous... its 2021 and shit like this is still an issue