Multiple midi clip envelope control?

Discussion in 'Live' started by liveact, Dec 11, 2019.

1. liveact

liveact Newbie

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You can use virtual MIDI to do this.
    In Live's MIDI settings, enable the REMOTE INPUT and the TRACK OUTPUT for your virtual MIDI cable.
    MIDI-map your device parameter with a controller or an M4L device to assign it a CC number. Set the MIDI From to your virtual MIDI port on the device track and the MIDI To on the envelope track to the same port.
    Now create a MIDI Ctrl envelope set to whatever CC you assigned the parameter.

Here's an M4L device that does basically the same thing.

5. liveact

liveact Newbie

Thank You very much for Your help quadcore64 and Pinkman!

I thinking the same way as You Pinkman ,and I have MidiYoke as a virtual midi cable,and there are some midi jitter in the timing in this way.
    I just hoped there is an easier or convinient way to do this inside Ableton not with third party program.

Interesting I can send midi notes from multiple channels to one synth,but I cannot control the other parameters via envelopes,don't really understand why is it missing in Ableton.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Weird. I'm on a mac and have no jitter. What happens if you use a physical MIDI cable? Same cable; OUT to IN into your interface..? Check out http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software.html and try using that driver and virtual MIDI.

7. liveact

liveact Newbie

Thank You for the link,I am on Windows 7,the loopmidi seems more precise than the midijoy,but if I zoom in to the grids I can still see some timing error,

https://kepkuldes.com/image/heUzt5

I have a RME UCX sound card,with real midi cable result is similar like the virtual.I experienced the midi timing is not the most stable thing in the world.
    I think I will send notes from Inside Ableton midi tracks to VST synths etc,becouse it's accurate,and I'll go with cc modulation-virtual midi way to parameters,and I will call the cc jitter (if it is really audible) to human elements in the music :)

Thanks for the replies!!!

Best wishes!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Ctrl+4 to disable Grid Snap will allow you to draw a smoother envelope.