Multiple Kontakt errors, crashes yet still audible in Vienna Ensemble.

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Valorouswon, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

So kontakt crashed yesterday, and now it's stuck in vienna ensemble pro 5 (legit). There is still sound coming from it, but you can't see the volume knobs moving, can't load instruemtns, add libraries, etc, it's literally just existing there. Then, it randomly started working and a new instance of Kontakt glitched out.

Tried deleted unwanted files in hidden folders that worked for some:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Native
    Instruments\Kontakt 5

I tried updating to 5.6.8, and then back to 5.6.6, and 5.6.5. Also updated vienna ensemble, nothing working.

I'm scared this will linger into my next sessions which can be a huge problem. It all happened when I tried to load a sample library while in PLAY, it paused, then crashed.

Should I fresh install kontakt 5 and vienna? Not sure I have the balls to do so in the middle of a project.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

I just completely uinstalled Kontakt including manually in regedit. However when I restart control panel still says "5.6.5 is still installed". Nothing happens when I click uninstall or change. hence I can't run native installer.

I followed this guide

https://audiosex.pro/threads/cant-uninstall-previous-kontakt-version.10784/

Is there an unstaller for this?? This is becomming a huge issue.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Did you try the microsoft uninstall clean up util? Ive had a similar problem before trying to update kontakt. Kept telling me that it was still installed. This fixed it so I could reinstall it.

5. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

Ok I did what you said, installed 5.6.1 Unlocked, then updated to 5.6.6. I just loaded an instrument over another one in kontakt (NOVO heavyocity), and I got the same error. This is f*ing annoying.

I deleted every kontakt 5 file imaginable off my PC. Only other thing I can think of is resetting all Native Instruments libraries in registry, but I don't have time for that. Maybe a different version of Kontakt? I doubt it.

Fresh install Vienna 5? I doubt that will help either, and I have no idea how to read these kontakt crashlogs.

6. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

UPDATE: This glitch seems to be session specific, opened old ones and I'm not getting errors. Weird because I'm using all the same instruments/effects, nothing new or out of the ordinary.

Fresh installed Vienna, nothing

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  7. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

Well I guess I'll live with this until project is over, no fix except for formatting my entire drive probably.

8. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

This hasn't been resolved, only the crashes are less frequent. In the crashlog, is there a way to read what kontakt instrument is specifically cuasing the issue?

Thanks!