Multiple instruments in Kontakt to different midi outs?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by mellamoculo, Apr 6, 2020.

1. mellamoculo

mellamoculo Newbie

Hello, i have been lurking for a while and now i have a problem that i cannot fix and i dont know what else to do but to come here and ask for help [​IMG]

So i have been using FL Studio for a while and got Kontatk very recently, and i learned how to put every Kontakt instrument into differents output within each Kontakt instance.
    But now i want to put each of those instruments into the channel rack as individual instruments, i thought about doing it with Rewired like i do with Reason but Kontakt does not appear there.
    How can i do it?

Please somebody help me, have tried several things, but none of them work, i have asked everywhere, this is driving me insane, the only otption i have left is use every kontakt instance as an instrument, but i dont have that much ram

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

HI, and welcome!
    I'm not sure I understand your question, so maybe it's an FL thing. I use Logic.
    Is "channel rack" an FL thing?
    Either way, the amount of ram in regards samples will be the same, surely. So maybe you are saying your cpu can't handle multiple instances of Kontakt? It's pretty negligable in my experience.
    I haven't used Rewire in years, but I would have thought that it's FL that you want to "appear there" as you say, not Kontakt.
    And the fact you say you "want to put each of those instruments into the channel rack as individual instruments" makes me think that "individual instruments" is the only way to go.
    Anyway. The fact you've "asked everywhere" except here until now might change things!
    Let's hope that since I bumped the thread, an FL user might chime in now.

Edit: AH! Title says MIDI outs! :facepalm:
    YES! This is easy. As long as you load those multis in a multi out instance of Kontakt, not the standard Kontakt, you then switch each instrument in it's gui to whatever MIDI channel you need! And they are MIDI ins actually.
    Very simple.
    I hope this helps.

For us Logic users, that one instance of Kontakt would have to have each of those channels represented in the Arrange window via 'Create Track', so that each instrument can refer to it's own MIDI info. There will be a way to do that in FL too, I should imagine.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020