Multi-Touch Control Surface for ABLETON LIVE

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANdr3s, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ANdr3s

ANdr3s Member

What do you think about it ?

3. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Thanks for the heads up on the Raven.
    Coincidentally, because I already have a large multitouch display connected to my computer, I can interact with my devices and DAWs via the touchscreen. Nothing new here.

Nonetheless, for two reasons, I prefer to work without touching the screen. Here's the thing. Fingerprints, dude. Or, to put it another way, wiping away the inevitable greasy fingerprints that you get from using touchscreen devices. Cleaning the screen whilst the device is active is a really bad idea.

Also, every once in a while, a fly manages to get into my work area and the little bastids just love to take a stroll across my screen. When that happens, it's foo king chaos.

As far as using a Raven panel goes, it's a firm and definite "No!" from me. It's not uncommon that I'll be bashing away at a project for long hours; sometimes, 16 to 18 non-stop butt numbing grinds, especially so when I'm up against a deadline. For such marathon sessions, I can't see how the Raven stands up to the practical and physical problem of human ergonomics. That panel really needs to be curved instead of flat.

And it should come with a free fly-swatter.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015