MuLab 8

Discussion in 'Software News' started by MuTools, Apr 17, 2019.

1. MuTools

MuTools Member

MuLab 8 features Flexible Audio Sequences, Creative Time Stretching and many more improvements.

Thanks to the new Audio Sequences you can now use samples directly in a composition, without the need to plug in (multi-) samplers and MIDI notes to play them.

Audio Sequences also let you play samples at a different tempo without changing the original pitch. This is done by slicing the sample into discrete audio events and each audio event is time stretched as needed. You have perfect control over the transients, the quantizing, etc. so any piece of audio can be blended into your composition, even if it's at a different tempo, pitch and groove.

Even better: The sample events in an audio sequence are not limited to the original sample. You can easily switch each sample event to play another sample, at another pitch, with another stretch factor. So, for example, you can replace the snares in a sample loop with one of the snares in your sample library, or with a different sound. Musical freedom and fun.

Last but not least: MuLab 8 also supports extremely high time stretch factors which let you make new sounds out of sample slices also within the MUX Modular synth and effect environment.

All details & downloads on http://www.mutools.com

Enjoy Making Music!

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Great DAW, but for me the best of MuLabs is MUX.
    MUX is a modular Bidule-like VST in which you can freely combine prebuilt modules and any VST2 plugin. And even make your own frontend GUI.

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

how do you scroll horizontally with teh mouse ?
    and how to scroll vertically in that drum piano roll ?

it zooms when i use the mouse wheel

5. aeroflot

aeroflot Kapellmeister

Xupito "prebuilt modules and any VST2 plugin. And even make your own"
    how do you do that ???

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

When I say make your own GUI I'm talking of the possibility of choosing what controls appear in the Mux VST GUI. You can always expand to see every module.
    It's something even Bidule doesn't have.

7. nineflyz

nineflyz Guest

Now I'm curious about this....anyone used Max and compared the two, as far as ease of use? How about triggering/sequencing Mulab, how easy is it? Does it have any type of generative libraries like Max 8 does?

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Max is a beast that can do almost everything, especially with sound (not only MIDI) processing, but:
    - Way more heavy on resources
    - You have to design your patch first on the standalone program, not directly in the DAW like MUX/Bidule
    - You can only export to Max4Live (Ableton) or standalone with ReWire (bussiness is business)

9. nineflyz

nineflyz Guest

Thanks...I guess I need to try both of those out (Mulab/MUX and Bidule, never heard of Bidule until now). I have standalone Max but the fact that you can only use Ableton when exporting is a shame...I think that was a bad decision on their part, would love to have it as a plug-in in other DAW's...Thanks again Xupito! :wink: