MTC -- Is there a slicker way to sync DAWs & Vegas (am I doing it wrong?)

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Lambchop, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

What I want:
    Ability to edit sound in a DAW; video in Vegas (or Premiere, if simpler).
    When I move the DAW playhead, the one in Vegas follows, at frame resolution.
    E.g. Looping 2 bars in a DAW loops corresponding 2 bars' worth of vid frames, automatically.

What I got thus far:
    DAW master, Vegas slave. DAW sends MTC to loopMidi (virtual MIDI driver) @ Vegas framerate. Vegas listens to loopMIDI.
    Problem:
    MTC "resets" itself on each loop iteration & has to re-sync/lock. Instead of video looping smoothly, it waits for lock, so about a bar gets dropped.

Wat do?

3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

You 're not doing it wrong afaik. It most likely is a Vegas prob but to be sure you should try the opposite (Vegas master - daw slave) and see what gives.
    Other than that, and depending on which Vegas version you use, a guy has written some useful scripts for "advanced timeline control". They work up to Vegas v13, for the Magix versions some of those "tools" probably need some modification. Here: http://www.nfatoys.com/moasoftwarellc/Default.htm

4. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

^
    Thanks, I'll check it out.