msi gs70 Aka stealth

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by xHitoKiri, Dec 10, 2013.

1. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

I gotta admit i enjoy my asus g73sw at my house. I really have no problems working with audio or doing other stuff (Games *yes* )

I been thinking in getting a msi gs70
    http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS70-STEALTH.html#overview

Windows 8.1
    The latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
    Enthusiast level NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 765M graphic card with GDDR discrete graphics card provides great performance and ultra image quality
    Thinnest & lightest 17" gaming notebook
    Super RAID with 2 SSD RAID0 gives you over 900MB/s reading speed!!*(option)
    Dual fan thermal cooling
    Matrix display with max 4 displays to expend the vision for extreme gaming experience or multi tasks
    Killer™ DoubleShot combines high-performance Ethernet and Wi-Fi for superior speed and lower latency of online gaming and streaming
    Keyboard by SteelSeries with full color LED back light and solid feedback design

I can do pretty much anything on my laptop even though it's like 2 years old. I need a laptop that i can be more mobile because this one weights around 9 pounds.. lol

I was thinking in jumping on the mac pro retina ship.. but i just can't blind convince myself than paying $1,000 more for smaller screen, lower gpu, lower cpu etc.. Seems the right decision.. ? lol

I'm mainly concern on how would the msi gs70 do as an audio production laptop because.. i often have a daw open for several hours working back and forth. Since the laptop is pretty thin, im concern of overheating or latency issues.

P.S. I notice that alot of companies had copy the same build as msi gs70 and often sell it for a few extra hundred bucks.. i haven't really seen any other laptop around the same size 17' with same or lower weight with a better build.

3. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

That's the type of rig I'd like to have... For gaming (flight sim) and DAW.
    The 3 display feature would be good for flight simming!

What type of audio I/O do you use; a USB - audio interface or ... ?

The question comes down to internal latencies.
    Measure with DPCLatency checker.
    If you could post some screenies of the Latency of your current rig and this new one I'd appreciate it?

Also - what audio I/O does this new MSI have?
    S/PDIF optical ??

4. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

I have a 18i20 scarlett atm.
    I can't do a check on latency at the moment cause i'm suppose to be studying for finals this week. LOL

Yea, i like the option of having 3 monitors on the stealth. I haven't get a chance to try the new ableton multi screen thingy. It would be nice for it.

As far as S/Pdif i think it comes with a speaker/mic/spdif
    I'm not sure about the rest of the details.

5. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

Bump.
    Anyone has experience with Msi mainly their stealth/ thin model