MP3 Export problem

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by LoveKavi, Feb 3, 2017.

1. LoveKavi

LoveKavi Kapellmeister

Hey guys,

So basically I finish a track and render it to a 24bit WAV file, it sounds great and everything. Then I put it into my DAW and add Ozone 7 and A.O.M Invisible Limiter to the chain and then export it to a 320kbps MP3 and a 16bit WAV file.

However the 16bit mastered WAV file is perfect but the 320kbps MP3 has an almost bitcrushed (buzzy type) sound going through the whole song, and comes out more when the kick and bass come in.

I've tried dithering on and off and different dithering settings.
    I've also tried disabling Ozone 7 and A.O.M and used another Limiter (Waves L2) and it's still the same.

This has also happened to the last 4 or 5 songs (that i've noticed) that I've mastered and rendered.

I export the track with mastering settings on from Ozone 7 and A.O.M to 16bit WAV and 320kbps MP3 at the same time too and the MP3 still suffers.

My export settings are all high and fine and my CPU/RAM is completely fine too. I don't get why the MP3 takes such a hit and sounds like it does. Any help?

My Equipment:
    i7 950 (OC to 4ghz)
    12gb Ram
    Interface is M-Audio Fast Track Pro
    DAW is Fl Studio 12.3

*FIXED*!!!!

Ok so crucify me later, spent 3 hours trying to find the problem out... found out it was just VLC's codecs messing the MP3 playback up haha... Kill me now.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  3. luxxenator

luxxenator Member

glad you figured it out.