Moving tracks in mixer view?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by B00nD0ggie, May 8, 2022.

1. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

So wayyyy bavk in the day, I was cutting my teeth on Cubase tryna do Nu skool breaks in the like t ipper and si begg. I sucked, but had a shit ton of files I never finished. Well I see now Si begg released a bunch of updated breaks stuff from over the years in Bandcamp, I was grooving to it and said, why not revisit my old files?
    Being that Cubase 12 is out now and seems reliable, I went ahead thinking it would be like riding a bike, Cubase will come back to me. Nope. Lol. Some thinggs are ok but a lot are just ridiculous trying to work with and it's very illogical, to me that is
    So my question is, does anyone know how to move tracks in the mixer view? I'm hitting 20+ tracks and wanna keep things logically grouped in the mixer view, but cubase seems to put new tracks wherever it wants, and nothing worse than scrolling waaayyyy over there to that sound that needs tweaking. How can I move tracks in the mixer view to keep things logical and efficient?

3. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

you can not XDDDDD
    weird, i know....

4. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

Seriously????????

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Usually when you find yourself in this situation, where you are the "only one" with some problem; it's because you are causing the problem somehow. When you Google search something in your DAW software, and get 0 results? Another red flag about whatever it is you are trying to do.

If you think something so basic is left out of a 600$ DAW software that is reasonably popular, it's because you are thinking about your approach to the problem the wrong way. Otherwise, noone would use it; and certainly not professionals.

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Mh, not sure about that. On one hand, I'm used to have subgroups in the center of a hardware console, on the other, I prefer to have my folders, which I basically (mostly) use as subgroups, close to the single tracks - in the project and the mixer view. But I can also make separate tracks as busses/subgroups and place them wherever I want so, at the top or the bottom of the project, so I can find them there in the mixer too. Sadly, a lot of DAWs don't have this option in the mixer view.