Moving the STEAM folder and solving the "STEAM folder not found" message.

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by The Pirate, May 7, 2020.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Moving the STEAM folder is a very simple process.

Option ONE

1. Copy your STEAM folder from its current location to the hard drive location of your choice. (This can be another drive partition, a secondary internal drive or an external hard drive such as an SSD, Thunderbolt, or USB hard drive, etc.)

2. Create a shortcut to the STEAM folder's new location, and aptly name it solely STEAM (having "STEAM-shortcut" as name will cause problems).

3. Place the STEAM shortcut in C:/Program Data/Spectrasonics

Option TWO
    1. Copy your STEAM folder from its current location to the hard drive location of your choice. (This can be another drive partition, a secondary internal drive or an external hard drive such as an SSD, Thunderbolt, or USB hard drive, etc.)

2.Open the Omnisphere standalone application or in your DAW/host.

3. When you are prompted to locate the STEAM folder, select the STEAM folder. You may see some error messages, but close these messages and continue to the final step as explained in the post below.

4. Close and re-open Omnisphere for the changes to take effect.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

IF you open Omnisphere and get a message stating STEAM folder not found. Would you like to locate it there are two reasons for it. Either a shortcut to the STEAM folder is missing, or you may have a shortcut improperly named STEAM-Shortcut. In both of these instances this can be easily solved by closing Omnisphere (using the Task Manager) or the host, and editing the name of the shortcut to solely state STEAM. (Do not click Cancel because Omnisphere will neither close nor link to the STEAM folder)

In the alternative, you can opt to continue by clicking OK, and pointing Omnisphere to the STEAM folder. If you do so, you will get a confirmation message stating: Link successfully created. Restart your host application to begin using this STEAM folder. Continue without restarting Omnisphere or your DAW, and you will receive 3 successive messages stating as follows:

1.The STEAM folder does not have write permission. try running as administrator.
    2. STEAM folder is not writable.
    3. Cannot load Multi data because it is corrupted (either from song or from multi file). Try loading another Multi from the Multi browser.

After these (3) successive messages, Omnisphere will open up without further messages (assuming that it is up- to-date, and that your STEAM is not corrupted). If the browser shows as empty, simply restart Omnisphere.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

5. Nomak

Nomak Newbie

yeah recently i resolve this issue without knowing it, in my case was a problem with the route of folder

6. lufer

lufer Newbie

[QUOTE = "El Pirata, publicación: 491252, miembro: 42783"]. [/ QUOTE]

Tengo el omnisphera version 2.6.1 todo va normal pero cuando lo abro siempre me sale el mismo error con 2 mensajes
    Estaba buscando el hilo correcto pensé que era este pero incluso después de los 3 mensajes pensé que lo había corregido pero sigo recibiendo el error sigo sin saber que está mal, reviso la carpeta STEAM y obtengo los consejos de escritura, ¿que puedo hacer? ? Espero no molestar

zorry por mi inglés

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  7. lufer

lufer Newbie

[QUOTE = "The Pirate, publicación: 491252, miembro: 42783"]. [/ QUOTE]
    How can I contact you at teamViewer
    upload_2020-8-14_21-17-43.png

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Ingles? Eso suena a espanol para mi. Parece que olvidaste traducirlo.Aqui hay un hilo para los que no hablan ingles y no quieren usar el traductor de Google. https://audiosex.pro/forums/esp.32/
    For the English speaking members. this newbie just offered to pay me 2.6.1 million dollars for my help installing Omnisphere. I declined because i think it is too little money.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. lufer

lufer Newbie

I'm sorry for that I was just looking for how to find the STEAM folder, I just wanted to run like the others

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Yo te envie un mensaje privado. I sent you a private message.

11. lufer

lufer Newbie

hey Pirate
    For some strange reason the power went out before I sent you my password but what a sad ...

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Thanks for the explanation bro! :bow: