Moving Steam Folder from HD to External

Discussion in 'Software' started by tjgoa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

I'd like to move the steam folder from my hard drive and put it on an external drive to clear up space. Is this possible, or do I have to install it all over again?

3. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I can't remember how exactly but you can do it. I have my Steam folder on a separate SSD to my OS SSD in my system. When I reinstall everything (as I am actually in the process of doing) I never reinstall the Steam folder just the plugin and then point towards the Steam folder. When I reach my Omnisphere install I will let you know :)

4. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

should be able to move steam folder,delete original then open omnisphere and it will ask you to locate the steam folder, thats it.

5. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

Yeah as as has been mentioned, Moving the content to an external or seperate internal drive is pretty straight forwards.

I only know personally as I had to help my Son just after christmas do it on his gaming machine. It was hassle free, We simply copied the stuff from the C/System SSD over to an internal D/Storage regular drive. Then deleted all which had been copied once He had checked it was all working/loading properly

All the best