Moving Omnisphere STEAM folder to an external hard drive (DOESNT WORK)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by henrydapro15, Jun 22, 2019.

1. henrydapro15

henrydapro15 Newbie

Hello, ive recently installed omnisphere and now trying to move the steam folder from its original directory: Macintosh HD/user/username/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics to my external hard drive.

I've followed this guide already: https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere/get_started/page04.html
    using an alias in the original directory and linking it to the external hard drive.

Ive read many forums with people experiencing no problems, but for some reason mine will not work.

When the prompt (STEAM Folder not found. Would you like to locate it?) comes up and I select the steam alias, it always comes up with (/Volumes/henryzdrive/STEAM is not a valid STEAM Folder)

I've been trying to figure it out, maybe its my hard drive? i dont know. (Its 4TB and in the format of ExFAT)

im on a mac running macOS Mojave ver. 10.14.5

3. Alec Say

Alec Say Newbie

4. howzit

howzit Member

No need for a symlink. I have my Steam directly in /Volumes/whatever/Spectrasonics/STEAM

Can you show me the result of ls -la /Volumes/whatever/Spectrasonics/ in terminal.