Moving Omnisphere 2......?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Matt Pook, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Matt Pook

Matt Pook Newbie

Hi chaps,

You guys seem to be the most knowledgeable regarding these things so seems a good place to ask.

My mac died (boohoo). I got my HD out and popped it in a caddy so I haven't lost anything.
    I have access to a mac and need to get set up on it. Is there a way to move Omnisphere 2 from one machine to another??
    I've tried google but getting nowhere so thought I should pop the Q in here

3. CustomUser22

CustomUser22 Ultrasonic

Is mirroring the HD and making it bootable again an option? Not a mac user but for windows that is where I would start. When it comes to moving files, for windows at least, what screws things up is registry's calling wrong places, or folders not having proper permissions, 9/10's of the time. If you are able to recreate your file structure as it was, a copy paste and reauth of the program may work just fine. Do what I do and make a backup copy of your backup, then just start fucking around with everything until you get it to init proper.

4. Matt Pook

Matt Pook Newbie

Should have mentioned that the mac I will now use belongs to the Mrs. So, I can't restore my back up onto her machine....its more than my life is worth.
    Also, despite efforts, the old mac won't boot from anywhere. Thats why I have taken the HD out to access the folders.
    I can always just download omnisphere and move the steam folder off the old drive....I can only find updates the so that makes things tricky... If I had the money, I would buy the synth....but its beyond my reach right now so trying to find another way round

5. CustomUser22

CustomUser22 Ultrasonic

Check your inbox.