Moving Kontakt 7 libraries and R2R Kontakt Manager?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Bunford, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

So, I've been registering my Kontakt 7 libraries using the R2R Kontakt Manager by double clicking the .nicnt, which opens using R2R Kontakt Manager and registers the library for use.

I have a struggling mechanical drive that I'm changing to an SSD, so I am transferring the Kontakt libraries to this new drive, and am wondering about relocating them.

Am I right in thinking the below are the options to move them, and is the below order the preferred order to move them?

1. Move library to new drive and double click .nicnt file, again re-registering using R2R Kontakt Manager;
    2. Move library to new drive, open Kontakt 7 and then click on locate, navigate to new location, and allow Kontakt to discover the files in the new location; and/or
    3. Move library to new drive and then use RegEditor to find the libraries in the registry and edit the location of them?
    Am I right in thinking these are the only options when using the R2R, @bobdule or @r4e versions of Kontakt 7, i.e. not being able to use Native Access to repair library as per the instructions on the Native Instruments website?

3. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

simply use any library manager. add library.exe or KTMGR.exe, simply read how it works to assign a library folder.

all will be batch relocated in one step.
    if you use many folders, repeat the global step on them.

native access will make an activation check before relocate, without a valid license it will not relocate the libraries. only the legit one's matching with your user account.