Motu MachFive 3 this is a game changer

Discussion in 'Software News' started by lyric8, Jan 29, 2012.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

you guy's need to check this out this is something i have to buy'' this thing is beautiful

http://www.motu.com/products/software/machfive/body.html

machfive3-hero.jpg

3. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Motu MachFive 3 = Kontakt?

:dunno:

4. remix

remix Platinum Record

Motu MachFive 3 = Kontakt?

thats what i thought?

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i thought the same - totally looks like kontakt no doubt on that ...

6. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Code:
    MachFive directly reads all major
    3rd-party hardware/software sampler formats, including Kontakt, Giga, EXS24 and HALion, 
    plus legacy formats from Kurzweil, Akai, Roland, Ensoniq, Sample Cell, and many others.
    I missed this. Now Im interested.... :wink:

7. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

dont get me wrong i luv kontakt but this has a lot of features that kontakt dose not have the only bad thing is the price i think it like almost $500 bucks

8. odod

odod Rock Star

yeaa .. will go for it if i had the money ..

9. Seckkksee

Seckkksee Guest

MachFive = UVI SoundSource Workstation. Same software underneath but I'm hoping MOTU did something extra. UVI Workstation is free while MachFive is a few hundred bucks or so, so what are you paying extra for? Samples? Yeah, UVI comes with like 200 megabytes while you get a few gigs with MachFive.... hmmmm. :unsure:

10. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

i used MachFive before kontakt 3... don't want to go back, kontakt is quite simple to use.

11. SonicBoomer

SonicBoomer Producer

It's got a CLEAN interface, modular and stacked with features for programming.

I was bummed when UVI stopped making The Plugsounds Plugins compatible for The new Macs,
    and I had to settle for UVI Workstation. They finally redeemed themselves with the Mach 3.

Mach3 reads nearly EVERY sampler disk out there.
    From Roland, Ensonig to EMU, Kurzweil, AKAI, MPC and SampleCell.
    Not to mention all of the soft-samplers.
    EXS24, Halion, and Kontakt just to name a few. :wow:

I own most of the 45GB library that is coming with it, Plugsound stuff, etc. and I own BPM.
    So I'm not trying to buy this at the full price. Definitely looking at the competitive upgrade from Halion.
    The features on this thing is KILLING!

12. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

When they get to machfive 5 i think they should change the name :) ha

13. remix

remix Platinum Record

it may have good compatibility but who uses old akai/roland libraries anymore...jeez

14. obscure

obscure Newbie

mach5 is a thing of beauty I agree completely. It's a great synth just by itself, and with samples accessible to you it's like omnisphere but with your own samples/soundsources.

It's so easy to get great sounds out of it - the features seem so accessible, workflow is fast.

Too bad I don't need it at all.
    But I might buy it later.

15. busterootrickem

busterootrickem Newbie

i have been using dp since its inception and i have been totally happy with it MOTU is the only company that keot there software on par with computer user IE i used the same computer roughly from dp6 to dp 8 with changing and as os software changed on the mac platform you did not have to go out and buy another computer...(Avid has done this bullshit for years with tools and will tell you we don't support that anymore buy a new system or your shit outta luck)..also i find that dp has had the best midi operations for years along with the best video operation/syncronization for video than anybody and its only gotten better.....i love it ....and there tech support people know there stuff all the time.............at the end of the day its not the arrow its the indian......use it if its not for you don't....its for me so i do

16. real

real Kapellmeister

Before you spend your money on MachFive, go check it it's unofficial upgrade from UVI, Falcon. Its pretty much the exact same software with a few new additions.

Falcon can read all UVI and MachFive3 libraries and also offers upgraded and very deep synth capabilities. I was really upset when I purchased MachFive 3 and then a month later Falcon came out. Then I bought Falcon RIGHT BEFORE they offered a deep premier discount. I think there were even talks of a possible upgrade path from MachFive 3 to this, though I forget where I read that, honestly. Google this stuff.

17. real

real Kapellmeister

I figured I'd "google this stuff" first and post the links here for unification.

Right now, MOTU is pretty mum on the subject (no official statement), but it SEEMS like UVI has made a power play or somehow the licensing of the UVI engine to MOTU was ceased, which allowed UVI to make their version of the ultimate hybrid sampler. Many are calling it "MachFive 4" and whatnot. Lots of speculation.

Follow these links to know what I know (which is nothing, really).

http://www.failedmuso.com/blog/uvi-falcon-review/

http://vi-control.net/community/thr...i-re-falcon-upgrade-crossgrade-options.49409/

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60807

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59253&start=30

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148701&sid=78d5de4306625061e0cbe79600421678

Lots of good info in this reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/3qpxmb/edmp_thoughts_on_uvi_falcon/

I think this is where I got the idea that they're offering a crossgrade for previous MachFive 3 owners. Of course, I purchased it before they did that. I wonder if they'll throw me a bone (probably not, oh well)

18. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

UVI Falcon is the unofficial successor of MachFive 3! M5 is very unstable and buggy under Win x64 - Falcon is rock stable, and directly made by its developers (Motu just licensed their stuff for M5).

You better go to the Falcon! xD

19. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Mach Five is dead and still buggy. Heck it even do not have a Loop Editor where you can see the Loops Start overlapping with the Loop end. (I doubt that Falcon has that essential loop creation feature)

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Not much of a game changer,is it.