Motu Digital Performer 8 Is out!!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by danfuerth, Sep 29, 2012.

1. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

Hi everyone

Just letting you all know that Digital Performer 8 is now out.

Yes motu is heading to windows 7 with Digital Performer 8.

This is big news for some, as you know Motu has always been "apple" centric and now they see the future for computers in Apple
    and it does not look very good. With apple almost giving away Logic for free ( Mac Pro's) Motu had no choice to come to Windows

I think it's too little to late for Motu, due to their "Apple" only mentality, this company could be potentially on the brink
    of bankrupcy

Support Both Plaforms if you are a developer, as you never know which platform is going to the dumpster.

When Apple changed their corp name to Apple.inc and dropped the Computer names off it, well that was your sign

If you look around at all the high end stuff in the last 3 years it is almost exclusive to Windows again. Seems like apple is not bothered
    and why should they, as they are cleaning house selling Phones .

To mac users the writting is on the wall, it is clear as day .

Apple is no interested in keeping the MAC PRO's which is a damn shame even though I refuse to buy into Apple Mac platform.

Oh well keep checking the Motu news, I got a good feeling Apple is going to take out yet another company then kill their product just like they did to some well know applications.

3. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Once i had installed version 7 of MOTU-DP on my MAC....
    ....but i could never use it as it always crashed right at start during the plug-ins scan (which is very, very slow on DP).
    To me it's one of the buggiest software ever made, besides Adobe AUDITION! :unsure:

Sincerely i believe they won't find many buyers because they don't even offer a DEMO version to download + test. PLUS: It's not UB anymore for MAC users, means = you have to run it on a new MAC machine!

- Minus points for MOTU. :sad: :sad:

But what you write about APPLE is in many ways true!

4. lordofthereeds

lordofthereeds Newbie

This is stupid. If you want to see a company on the Brink of Bankruptcy, look no further than Avid (the makers of ProTools). They have insane pricing on everything, and companies like MOTU and Ableton are eating away at Avid's market share.

What MOTU did was expand it's market. They should have had some sort of Windows offering years ago. Digital Performer is a great product.

As for Apple NOT releasing a MacPro......there are other things to consider. Such as Intel not really offering up a bunch of processors that would really make sense for a MacPro. And also, the trend towards Thunderbolt interfaces is happening. Avid (Protools) has already released an interface for it, and many more are following. There really isn't much need for an old school MacPro with PCI slots. That is basically what you are buying a MacPro for, PCI cards. If everyone offers Thunderbolt devices that can perform as well if not better than a PCI card.....

Plus, Tim Cook also said that there is a major revision coming. Obviously you have no clue what you speak of.

5. lordofthereeds

lordofthereeds Newbie

Well, Digital Performer 7 is Universal Binary I believe. Honestly though, since the new iPhone 5 has the processing power of PowerPC laptops they made.
    http://forums.applecentral.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/581797/iPhone_5_speed
    Perhaps it is unrealistic to expect that a 7+ year old machine should be able to run modern programs.

Also, there is no DEMO version of Logic. And that is still a huge seller on the App Store. There are PLENTY of videos that show off Digital Performer's features. And it is used in Movies, most notably Lord Of The Rings.

And the previous poster has no clue about Apple.

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Seen from the view of many (non-intelligent) developers it could be plausible....
    But how comes that intelligent devs like Rob Papen, Nomad Factory etc. still support users of so called "outdated" MACs?! And still continue to produce. From my experience LOGIC + LOGIC Express have rarely crashed.
    But i'm far away from discrediting MOTU DP, it just never worked on my machine.