Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA Download Now) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ayahuasca, Jul 6, 2021.

1. poly

poly Platinum Record

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I tried this a few months ago.
    I downloaded the new version now, and I don't know what magic you did but now the performance seems to be wonderful... VST3 crashes on me (FL Studio), but VST2 works fine. You even got skins!
    You are spoiling us...

KUDOS TO THE WHOLE TEAM BEHIND THIS

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. poly

poly Platinum Record

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. poly

poly Platinum Record

New versions @ https://futurenoize.com/dsp56300/builds/master/beta
    Report bugs @ https://discord.com/channels/829099347975208970/841809045505703956

1.2.17 (2022.04.07):

- [Fix] Reported latency values slightly adjusted, now different for FX and Synth versions of plugins
    - [Fix] [UI Trancy] Osc 3 Wave Select not working, modifies Osc 1 Wave Select instead
    - [Fix] [UI Hoverland/Galaxpel] Missing Reverb Room Type selection
    - [Fix] Knobs modified multiple parts in Multi Mode after switching the active part several times
    - [Fix] Hovering knobs always displayed values for part 1 even if another part was selected
    - [Fix] Oscillator Semitone knobs had a range larger than supported by the hardware, now limited to -48 ... +48
    - [Fix] Initial state of play mode selectors always displayed Single even when plugin restored in Multi mode

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

The code effiency was improved from February by a lot in the newer version, in the last versions it is mainly to get the UI rock solid.

pretty happy with the last versions and with the new skins, we can set the right mood.

6. insomnia

insomnia Ultrasonic

any news on the nord & waldorf stuff mentioned love to try them

7. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

The news is, right now it's a bunch of wishful thinking from users.

8. Gre89

Gre89 Member

Like some time ago thinking there could be a 100% Virus C emulation at some point.

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

DSP563xx Emulator v1.2.17 Change Log (2022.04.07):

- [Imp] Included a third UI skin, created by galaxpel
    - [Imp] Performance improved in some circumstances when JIT compiler had to regenerate code
    - [Imp] Drop down menus with lots of entries now use multiple columns

- [Fix] Reported latency values slightly adjusted, now different for FX and Synth versions of plugins
    - [Fix] Oscillator Semitone knobs had a range larger than supported by the hardware, now limited to -48...+48
    - [Fix] Adjusted reported latency after having done some more precise measurements

The UI system has been rewritten and is now data-driven which allows custom skins.

Some smaller changes & improvements have been integrated while reimplementing the UI

- Debug-style drop down boxes in the upper left corner have been removed and replaced by a right-click context menu
    - UI base scale has been adjusted so that both skins have about the same size
    - The current skin can be exported to disk by right clicking and selecting "Export" in the context menu
    - Additional skins that are found in the "skins" folder next to the plugin can be selected in the context menu
    - Focused parameters now display the correct text instead of displaying a generic value of 0-127

Hoverland skin specific:

- Debug-style Single/Multi play mode switch buttons have been replaced with better graphics
    - Version number & Donate Info have moved to the bottom and use the skin text color
    - The duplicated Presets tab has been removed as a presets button was already there
    - The info about the loaded ROM has been moved to the upper right and is prepared for runtime ROM switching (not implemented yet)
    - Physical MIDI port selection has moved to the global page

10. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

It sounds really good! I started playing with it and i just got glued to the screen. :D

In the past i`ve had "hyped placebo" on some plugin Snyths, so i will take some time with this one.
    I really appreciatte people who do this stuff, man, so much skill and a vision.

For my eyes GUI looks good too, i am always up for testing bunch of "themes" and stuff, this one works out right away.

** Just as a test
    I have 2 rigs, [email protected] 4 core which handles this really well even with 10+ years and the IvyE Dual Xeon setup with slow cores(8c/16t 2.0Ghz) and it chokes so much, it focuses on 2 cores mostly for some reason. The first one struggles with 4 instances of Diva with 8 voices, but dual cpu setup chews Diva evenly on every thread with the half of sample buffer. Anyway. just a technical observation.

Keep up!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

The emu runs on one core per instance.

12. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

Presets aren't always recalling in Ableton for me. When I reload projects I'm getting blank presets and swapping the synth causes crashes but its usually after putting it inside an Ableton 'Group' with Macros assigned and some automation written into the arrangement, using the Ableton Macros

It could be related to Ableton's 'Configure' button, assigning those to the Macros and then automation might be causing some screwups. Doesn't seem to mangle during a session, it seems to be reloading the tracks and reopening the save state

I've been loading TI presets I think, the Depeche Motion set if that's useful and I might have done some small sound design tweaks

I'm creating duplicate lanes, printing to audio and muting the DSP so its easy to workaround

13. ArticStorm

Report on discord, nobody will read it here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Blue Skin in a 4K monitor in Studio One, does not keep the selected size,
    but keeps jumping back, maybe you can report this to @ArticStorm there.

15. ArticStorm

This happens for other skins too, i think its already a known bug and will hopefully fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

I'm back now guys/girls

Thanks to everyone who has been updating the thread with the latest changelogs, I've had a few shifts in my personal life which mean I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I wanted to the project recently, but the wheels are still turning daily :)

We have the Virus Ti working now on a private build, we won't be releasing this publicly anytime soon for various reasons but its also enabling us to find more bugs/performance tweaks with the current public B/C build :)

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Usual Suspects DSP56300 Emulator 1.2.19 MultiOS + ROM's [FREE]
    https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/downloads/

DSP563xx Emulator v1.2.19 Change Log (2022.06.06):

- [Imp] Multichannel output support, the plugin now exposes three stereo outputs to the DAW
    - [Imp] Remember last used file & patch in patch browser
    - [Imp] Add ability to adjust plugin latency
    - [Imp] Performance improvements
    - [Imp] [Galaxpel Skin] integrate latest improvements by @galaxpel, thx a lot!
    - [Imp] Add support for generic tab groups to allow skins to use different tab
    layouts or none at all. Export one of the integrated ones to see how it works.

- [Fix] [Hoverland Skin] many knobs were not bipolar even though they should (thx to ylmrx)
    - [Fix] Preset version not always detected correctly in patch browser list
    - [Fix] Possible latency issue for the FX version

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  18. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Hey guys, can anyone help with some questions?

So first I wanted to know how can I change ROM using the VST3 version, I have the 8 ROMS that came bundled with the newest release in sister site, I selected one of them and put in the same folder as the VST3 but regardless of that the ROM won't change, it always stays the same (virus_xl).

Second of all, what ROM should I keep? I'm not familiar with Virus at all and have no idea how to navigate through the 8 ROMS I mentioned.

Also, Why some of the banks I have here have patches that don't work properly?

Lastly, what's the DSP56300EmuFX for? My DAW just shows me one plugin.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  19. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Great question, There must be someone here who knows how to switch quick.
    (from their Discord, I know this still needs to be implanted in the plugin itself)
    And I don't know at this point that if I change the ROM supplied manually, does that break songs made/saved with another ROM?

And something else I experienced with the plugin is that it dodges to be included in the CPU utilization of the DAW.
    It does consume a decent amount of CPU in a separate process, and I don't know how that adds up with multiple instances?

It might be interesting for folks that experience spikes to make use of a single instance and using the multiple outs that it has,
    however, that is limited to 3 stereo channels (in fl studio), and I have not quite figured out how to route that in the plugin.

20. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @Djord Emer, maybe we'll get a manual someday that tells us how everything works.

Please only copy one soundbank into the folder at a time, if you want to test another soundbank delete it and copy another one into the directory.

2022-06-11_013412.jpg

FX version of the plugins or older builds can be found in our repository here.
    Example: ending with FX : DSP56300Emu-1.2.17-win64-VST2_FX.zip

New latency setting in Osirus 1.2.19
    https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/2022/05/25/new-latency-setting-in-osirus-1-2-19/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022