Most stable Cubase Version available

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rahull, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

I am new to windows.I see a lot of versions of Cubase available on the sister site.Which is the most stable one?also any stable version of Dorico available?

3. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Why Cubase?
    It is almost an obsolete DAW, you can find plenty of Studio One or other good DAWs easily.

Anyway, if you are on Windows XP you can use the mighty Cubase 5.1.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Both Cubase and Dorico are available using the patcher (Soft eLicenser), that said Cubase has a tendency to crash often and supposedly a lot of things are broken (last time I checked some of the channel strip effects were crashing, there were reports of plugin delay compensation not working). Not sure what the current state is here. Dorico 3 Pro works, haven't had any issues playing briefly with it, not sure if there are any bugs hidden deeper. The method at the moment is you can download installers straight from Steinberg and then you apply Soft eLicenser on top of it for authorization.

5. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

On siste site:
    Cubase Elements - stable
    Cubase Pro, Cubase Artist - not stable.

6. evolasme

evolasme Producer

im running legit cubase on my win 10 machine and its been dead nuts stable. of course ive built the machine & tweaked the box im on so that might have a little something to do with it too. as far as "other" version ive tried of cubase wasnt anything to write home about to be honest. if your interested in Cubase id suggest down loading a demo ( 30 days no restrictions) and see if its right for you. all the "free" versions from the sister site are really affordable to actually own and do work better. that being said an alternative might be Studio one which is pretty good as well . like i have said 1000 time here already. the best daw is the one that fits your style and work flow. try a few maybe one grabs you and if you like it. think about supporting the devs that made it ;)

7. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

Thanks.What about the Steinberg Absolute 4 Vst collection.It has a lot of plugins,does that work or i am better off installing cubase n plugins from individual posts?

8. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

Well i want to use cubase ,just to try the steinberg absolute instrument collection.a version that works well with other steinberg products on sister site

9. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

Thanks...

10. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

Thanks for your reply.I never said i am looking for a best daw.As a musician i knw,its the skill that works,software just brings the skill out.That being said,i only wish to know if the cubase works with Steinberg Absolute instrument collection

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  11. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

As a musician may I suggest you to avoid those huge wasting time GB/TB libraries and use your skill to play an instrument or design your own new sound?

12. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

Cubase obsolete? I've tried Studio One, it was good but CPU usage higher than Cubase, this was a few years ago so it might have improved. The layout nice but not as intuitive as Cubase and not really adding much over it, bit drab looking. Also tried Ableton, was confusing at first coming from CB, the inbuilt tools and simpler etc superb, much better than CB out of the box and to arrange tracks esp if loop based. However, the recording quality didn't seem as clean as CB and I have since strayed back to using CB, upgraded to Artist and am very happy with it. I just find CB the simplest DAW to use and recording quality is superb, far from obsolete. Even the Elements version is very good and could be enough for most home users, that was only about £40 in the sale. I came across Cubase 5 recently on an old PC, still working but looked pretty dated compared to the newer versions.

13. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

all Soft-Licenser releases - stable

14. evolasme

evolasme Producer

Yes Absolute works with all but the latest version of cubase... even then it works but its a bit wonky, it will hide any legit licences you might have on an elicencer dongle

15. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

Thanks

16. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

I think Cubase Elements is included in Absolute.That one works or i need to download some other version?Help highly appreciated

17. Rahull

Rahull Noisemaker

I definitely agree that learning an instrument helps as a musician but I dont think Gb/Tb ,Spitfire and Orchestral tools libraries are garbage.Infact they help us enhancing our productions and a great learning curve for understanding the tonality of instruments.

18. Haliax

Haliax Guest

I can play a few instruments confidently, but if you put a violin in my hands I make it sound like two cats fighting. This is not the sound I want, so I go grab an orchestral tool. I can use these tools as an instrument well enough for it to sound authentic in the mix to most ears, so it suits my purpose.

edit: I think this thread has fallen off topic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. 990

990 Ultrasonic

Never had a crash with cubase 10 or 10.5. If you are serious about your craft better buy it. Of course you can use reaper if you are on a lower budget. Both are lightweight enough (especially reaper). Steinberg instruments are not that great. Studio one is not there yet. Needs a lot more cpu than the rest. I tested every daw on windows multiple times.

20. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

For me Cubase 10.5 with eLicencer AT b16 is super stable, comparing to legit one little less, but is is doing the job...
    Except DC which sucks, but it is free and if you know how to handle with it, you can make professional work with it...
    Again it is way better to buy a legit version because of updates and to support dev.
    if you can not get along with pro version, you can always use Elements version, but you are limited with features....
    Most stable version so far is Cubase 5 from Team AiR, but it is obsolete since there is no x64 version.....
    Studio One and other DAW for my personal preferences is out of question... Cubase is Cubase and period....
    One thing Cubase still lack is ease of piano roll like in FL Studio ,simple and effective to draw melodies, just pencil tool...
    And browser like in FL Studio.... everything else with CB 10 is fantastic....

21. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

All right, if you really need to use a huge TB orchestral lib for learning purpose OK, but please not be tempted to make trap music with it, I'll not forgive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List