Most Popular 90's Freestyle Sound. Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by andrescooper445, Apr 17, 2022.

1. andrescooper445

andrescooper445 Member

Hey I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of this (below) particular sound. It is a very recognizable freestyle 'hit' type transition fx. Can't figure out which drum machine its on

2 Examples

0:29

and

0:00, 0:34

Thank you for any tips

----
    Update:
    After a bit of digging I found out it is the orchestra hit, and I might look through the Rolands sounds.
    Here's a bit of history on it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you will have a better chance of identifying the real device used in the recordings if you find some sort of gear list or background info on the producer/s of them. That was a copycat sound on so many devices. DX7 is the easy guess, Ensoniqs, the Alesis hr-16b has one iirc. For trivia/info? yeah, good luck. finding something almost identical, extremely easy.

decent read: https://gearspace.com/board/electro...-production/107998-new-jack-swing-synths.html

that one hit still will get Poison stuck in your head.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  4. genophyte

genophyte Producer

E-Mu Drumulator and E-Mu Drumulator 2 for a lot of drums.

i cant remember the other ones sadly but im for sure you can find info on reddit along with drum kits

5. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Are those the same with human voice layer or something? What is it?

0:56

2:37

6. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

freestyle wow i was producing stuff on popular records i only thought it was in Toronto and Miami Kim Esty, Sotto Voce, cutting crew,
    tony monaco Freestyle frenzy compilations maybe thats why SOCAN still sends me money Oh yea Joey hahahaha did not have anything to do with that too bad

7. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

Try ORCH2 from the cmi farilight factory samples.
    i belive it is on the arturia clone.

was used in alot of uk early dance music along with other orchecstal stab samples.

you whould find them on the old sample cds that blatantly had copyrighted material on them like X-Static Goldmine and Zero-G – Datafile.
    that you can find on archive.org

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  8. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

OH!! i did not answer the question I used the ensoniq1 and Korg DSS-1 factory disks been so long and im old :) maybe on the sister site still