Most aggressive EQ and compressor plugins

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by devilorcracker, Oct 28, 2017.

1. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

What's the most aggressive, balls to the walls, in your face eq and compressor plugins you ever tried?

To me it's Slate Digital FG-S for EQ and Metric Halo ChannelStrip for Compressor.

I'd like to know your opinion :wink:

3. spyfx

spyfx Guest

some waves stuff,check the abbey road collection for character,api by waves,softube eq's like the their Pultec,trident a-range(check softube in general),i also like the fact that ik multimedia eq's & compressors have m/s in every plugin,hope this help you :wink:

4. Hamudi2000

Hamudi2000 Ultrasonic

Empirical Labs Arouser for hit you in your ass drum buss compression

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I think it's hard to name an in-your-face EQ. Soundtoys Sie-Q maybe. Or Eiosis Air EQ.
    Compressor on the other hand is very easy. Presswerk. I think it's extremely underrated.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Softube Valley People Dyna-mite, Audiodamage Roughrider, SSL LMC1, Arouser/distressor...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. De Stijl

De Stijl Member

I would definitely say the OTT compressor by Xfer Records, which is a replica of Ableton Live Multiband's preset by the same name. Yeah, that preset alone is so influential that someone decided to make a plugin version of it to make it available to ppl using other DAWS

8. De Stijl

De Stijl Member

Though it's technically not a compressor but a consolle emulation, Stillwell's Bad Buss Mojo will aggressively alter the dynamic range of your audio signal - but in a pleasing way, I think

9. De Stijl

De Stijl Member

Totally agree on the Valley People Dyna-mite! I use it pretty often on the drum bus, but you gotta be careful with that thing!

10. De Stijl

De Stijl Member

Presswerk. Word!

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

Why do you waste your time by asking such questions about which tool is better than others? The guidelines that usually mix-mans suggest and are proud of them are deceptive. In the production phase you can use any tool or blend of them. I don't know much about producers' psychology but I think when they're seeking such tools they're shrouding and smoothing over their faults about uncreativity.:dunno:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

Nah I aready got mine, well if you can read the first post. I just wanted to know what tools other people use to get the aggressive sound. Everything is subjective. Everyone has their own taste. That's the beauty of music production.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Manic Compressor can give you whacky tones without a lot of compromise in sound. However, any 1176 emulation with the all-buttons-in mode and a ratio higher than 8:1 can give you sound hell (or heaven). Disto can also goes easily to crazy land. As for EQs, I don't go for aggressive EQs. I prefer to do aggressive moves whenever a track asks for it, so I favor transparency inasmuch as possible. Acon Equalize is a favorite of mine.

14. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

OP didn't ask for better. OP asked for aggressive, balls to the walls, in your face.
    Big difference. We all know "better" is subjective.

Yeah, it's awesome as a parallel drum bus squasher. I know what you mean. Too much gravy can spoil the dish.

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

Better or more aggressive or whatever. What's the difference? All the same matters. Not technically but conceptually....

BTW, let me ask you a question. Why are you so concerned about tools-related or processing-related questions? I haven't heard any song from you. When do you want to share your masterworks to see how your mastermind in processing works in them?:winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. BIG-BOSS

BIG-BOSS Noisemaker

what do you mean by aggressive?

if you want aggro just turn up the ratio on anything

i always use CLA 76. or GLUE

17. Tabby

Tabby Kapellmeister

Is there anyone who can achieve any type of processing with fabfilter mixing bundle?

18. vizion

vizion Member

The new Disto 3 by sknote and FG Stress by Slate, also The Monster by Slate are great aggressive comps...

Also a little saturation can go a long way. Use izotope trash, Faturator, Fabfilter Saturn, camel crusher, decimort 2, or saturation knob by softube in parallel and there's your aggression.

There's plenty of tools out there specifically for Aggressive sounds.. Even throwing a Tube/pre/tape plug in parallel and smashing the shyet out of it can give you a nice aggressive sound.

19. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Agree about the Waves TG12345, I love that thing so much. Also 112db Big Blue Compressor, Audiodamage Rough Rider, Sly-Fi Deflector, Kush UBK-1, and Variety of Sound Thrillseeker VBL.

Not sure what you mean by "aggressive EQs", I guess the Waves SSL Channel fits with the way it alters the sound.

20. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Has Disto v3 been released???

21. vizion

vizion Member

yessir, and it's great