monitor enable

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by funkman, May 10, 2024.

1. funkman

funkman Member

hi,i have recently moved to 13 pro.
    but i have noticed when i load an instrument i have to click on the monitor button on that track to hear the instrument being played.
    i never had to do that before.i could hear the vst without the monitor button being activated.
    i now also have to deactivate the monitor button if i have a different track selected with a vst,otherwise i will hear the other vst playing as well as cureently selected vst track.
    also record enable previously would always have been active when i load a track,now i have to activate it each time.

3. Fireplace

Fireplace Ultrasonic

There are many 13 pro's out there, but for now let's assume you're talking about Cubase. The first problem has to do with how your audio interface and Cubase work together, in my setup it's exactly the opposite: if I click the monitor button I no longer hear the VST. You will most likely be able to find a solution in File > Preferences > VST.

The second one is definitely fixable in Preferences, can't tell you where exactly but there's a setting for arming (record enable) tracks upon selection.

4. funkman

funkman Member

ok thanks,but since i posted in cubase section i figured people would know i meant cubase 13 pro!

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I almost replied with the same response, and I knew you meant C13pro. I just don't use it. But that is exactly what I would do also, because almost every time you hop on a new DAW or get a new major version upgrade; you always have to figure out the quirks of it's input monitoring and so on. The best way to figure it out is always to just open preferences menu for audio recording, and just fumble around until you figure it out yourself by trial and error. Usually how it is explained in a help document or manual, is never all that great and you still won't fully get it until you actually do it inside the program. Then it will take you like 10 minutes. Use an empty project if you worry about breaking something.

6. funkman

funkman Member

ok thanks,just weird never had issue with it before and been using cubase since 4.
    i shall look into it

7. Fireplace

Fireplace Ultrasonic

Your post appeared in the feed on the sister site, no indication of the subforum. And you're welcome.

8. funkman

funkman Member

ok i have went through preferences.there is nothing there to do with enabling the monitor button.
    it cant be anything to do with how audio interface and cubase work together,as i said i have never had any issue with previous versions of cubase.

9. funkman

funkman Member

someone bound to have a solution here

10. arhythmtech

arhythmtech Member

1. Select Edit > Preferences.

2. Open the Editing—Project & MixConsole page and activate Enable Record on Selected Audio Track or Enable Record on Selected MIDI Track.

11. funkman

funkman Member

thanks,that worked.i had that selected in all previous versions.