MOFX8 vs JUNO DS88 vs Yamaha MODX8

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by crusaderrabbit, Apr 12, 2019.

1. crusaderrabbit

crusaderrabbit Newbie

OK, so this weekend I have the opportunity to pick up a good condition second hand MOFX8 for £850. I had been thinking of getting the Juno DS88 (which is currently about £750). I might, might be able to save up for the MODX (its about £1350)

What would you people go for? Would you go for the newer model? Would definitely prefer to stay under a grand but if the MODX8 is THAT much better I could go for it. Is the DS88 a much poorer relation?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Dejemen

Dejemen Newbie

I have Mox6, and as I know there is slim difference between Moxf nad Mox (Motif XS vs XF sounds). Modx replaces mox/moxf generation of workstations and to my knowledge has much better compability with yamaha libraries. Don't get me wrong - mox/moxf are solid workstations, but modx is more up to date and has future. I'm sparing cash for this and Roland Fa perhaps. I would advice You some patience and get Modx. Of course everything depends on Your musical needs. Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019