Mobius Circular labs replacement

Discussion in 'Software' started by Morgan Solt, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Morgan Solt

Morgan Solt Newbie

Hi, I make live looped music. I use Reaper, and Mobius primarily. The Mobius VST has not been updated in quite a while. I have read the manual over and over, and is a little vague in parts, and non existent in other parts, and very informative in most parts. The biggest reason i use Mobius is because it is so flexible, and one function is totally key to my success. That function is "threshold" so basically, i can push a button, the looper waits until a volume threshold is reached, and then will start recording. This makes the start of the loop absolutely on the downbeat.

I guess my question is, is there another loop vst that has the threshold function? I prefer to have quantization off, I can get pretty close to perfect loops as long as the first beat is good.

Another question is, are there any online resources available for the Mobius VST by Circular Labs? there used to be a yahoo forum, but afaik the yahoo forums are no longer existing.

One last item would be, is there any way to get Mobius to send the BPM to my daw? In the scenario : I push the record button, mobius waits for the volume input, i play my loop, hit record to end recording, loop plays and sends the resulting bpm to my daw there in syncing my daw to the loosely made loop. Normally, the loop is synced to the daw's bpm, but i want to set my daw bmp to the loop.

Thank you