Mixwave Aaron Gillespie Strange Noises

Discussion in 'Software' started by pnutbuttrjarz, Aug 23, 2023.

1. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

Hey guys,
    I made a post in another section asking about different drum samplers to achieve a certain sound.
    I had a heap of great responses. A recommendation mentioned numerous times was Mixwave Aaron Gillespie Kontakt library.
    I was messing around with it programming some midi drums (wearing headphones) and I kept hearing sounds as if someone was standing behind me. I kept turning around to see if my wife was messing with me, or my dogs were up to no good, but nothing.
    Then I realised the sounds were coming from kontakt.
    There is dead set squeaking noises from the drum stool or the stands. I can even hear someone sniffing after a tom hit and then a few words spoken.
    I thought I was losing my mind. But the sounds are definitely in there.
    If anyone has this library, check it out and see if you can hear it as well. It's mainly on the toms.
    It doesn't happen after every single hit, but I'm guessing they have taken multiple samples of the same tom and the samples are randomly selected to give a more human feel when programming.
    But I have never heard anything like this from any other drum sampler.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

just ran a quick test, didn't hear it. Any specific kit ? or preset ?

4. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

I made a short render of the 3 toms. 1st, 2nd and then 3rd.
    1st tom sounds like the drum stool. 2nd tom sounds like the dude has a cold, and the 3rd is where you definitely hear talking.
    Also used the default preset.
    https://rapidgator.net/file/ea0acc61df557342d9fc3bc32fe9903a/Weird_Sounds.flac.html

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  5. drumstuff

drumstuff Member

LOL i guess mixwave's QA isnt quite 100%. I dont hear those things but right now i am on a laptop speaker, so I wouldnt be able to anyway. I believe you though. It wouldnt be the only one....there are a couple old BFD libraries with little issues like that, some not so little (start and end points off, etc). I know one or two libraries ive played have had odd artifacts like this though. Usually its one sample with a slight humm or something.

I think some assistant guy always gets stuck with going through the thousands of sample edits at these companies, and it mustve slipped through on one lonely late night of editing. Thankfully it wasnt aaron farting in there.

6. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

haha. no farts that I am aware of. I'm guessing you would only hear it in headphones, but it is extremely obvious when wearing headphones.
    I went back to SD3 for this project. Can't have random dudes talking and sniffing coke off the drum skins lol

7. drumstuff

drumstuff Member

Do you plan to post here the song when done? Or at least I would love to hear, if you'd like to msg me with a link sometime.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

I could hear what you mean on my monitors, but probably because you pointed it out. The first one is definitely a stool sample. :drummer:

9. drumstuff

drumstuff Member

HEYoooo!!

[​IMG]