Mixosaurus drum library

Discussion in 'Software' started by go2bed, Dec 28, 2014.

1. go2bed

go2bed Newbie

Hello Pall as!
    I would like present you this huge library on 124 Gb samples. I mean, may be I not alone person, who trying rule this monster =) I very love it gor a tasty hats, snare and another iron (cymbals, crash ), but I can't do smushed kikc and toms, its realy hard for me, I have an example for you, and I striving to suond of Nickelbacl for example, or Yellowcard - that guyshave a great sound of drums!
    Can anybody of you tell me more about mixing those drum library)
    I using cubase 5 32x and Mixosaurus on x64 kontakt through jbridge.
    I hope this top will be interest you

(Sorry about my English =) )

3. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

I already know and have it :) It is more than 124 GB with update. If you wish i can share some of my mixer presets with you

4. go2bed

go2bed Newbie

I went to add mp3 here, but file not accepted
    This URL part of song with my preset:

My link

O, it would be perfectly!)

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@go2bed what kind of guitar are using here? or better is it a real one or plugin/sample library based?
    cool demo.

6. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

I'm using Cubase 5 too. Can you share your project?

7. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

How is the sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdhNlVuLNQ

I used one of the mixer presets here that i created before and i forgot to close compressor on drums.

8. go2bed

go2bed Newbie

it's a live guitar and plugin - TH overloud 2, presets: standarts, but I used little compression and equlizers yet for this music, in another project will have to make other settings I ges, on comp. and eq...
    thank's) it's a new song of band, where I playing)

I would be share project, but there is a many many other plugins, there I used for this drums, I used waves, SSl, Sonalks and other, how it may be helpfull for you? I did'nt used only this library =)

well I can't say about video on youtube, moreover this sound take's from web camera, can you shared mp3 from project, a little demo? I would like to hear the your drums with other instruments

9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Not sure to understand what is the advantage of this 120 GB lib since I don't really hear any clear difference to Superior Drummer 2 for example (which is by the way six times smaller).

10. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Do you think Superior Drummer is the best?

11. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

This 6 year old article from SoS explains a lot

Info

12. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

One of the best, not the best.
    And by the way, Superior Drummer was only an example. I could also mention BFD among others which has a much smaller footprint than this thing too.

As of the SOS article, it was written in 2008 and a lot has changed since then (look at Toontrack for ex).

Finally, as they wrote, one of the best situation where this library stands out is when you use it with an external MIDI controler which is far to be a common situation, one has to admit.

13. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Exactly why I stated that the article was 6 years old. I kinda got the feeling that the O.P. did not realize just how long it's been around

14. go2bed

go2bed Newbie

I will try to explain the situation and answer the question "why Misosaurus"
    There is many libraries, that can meet the needs of
    Toontrack Superrior - excelent toms, goood kick for me and snare, but absoluttly lifeless iron, it's a very lackluster for me. And iron produces no human playing.
    BFD - absolutly the tastiest toms, wherever I saw and goood iron, but their sound like a gun!! No humanazing...
    In Mixosaurus I leked humamize iron and all hits, but I know, that is very raw sounds and for good using it's need to hard processing.
    It seems the library is already has updates, but I am unable to buy them((

15. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

I uploaded (multi channel record) : http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/592678/drums-record-rar.html

If you wish i can share Cubase file too and you can add other instruments to the project yourself. I have also some drums records with other instruments such as guitar. You should record drums as multi channel (suggestion) if you want to get a strong sound.

Not from web camera it is my smart phone's camera, i already have Waves - i'm using some waves plug-ins for drums too - and many plug-ins, libraries :) so if you wish you can share your project.

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i was afraid you writing this, seems like i would need to learn guitar at some point. dont think any plugin will come close to such a sound.